Chapter 1 - Happy Birthday

Jade's POV

"Jade! Are you here?" I heard my front door creak open, her voice echoing throughout my home.

"Zoe?" I called out my cousin's name. Her footsteps darted down the hall, and she appeared under my doorframe.

"You ready?" She asked, as I painted the last bit of this coral shade on my lips.

"Ready!" I smiled as she took out a camera from her bag. It beeped as she pressed a little button, powering the little device.

"Hurry up!" Another voice called, running down the hall. It could only be Joe. The three of us were preparing to leave for a One Direction concert. They were my favourite band after McFly. Which was coincidental because Carrie Fletcher is my best friend. But sadly, she couldn't make it tonight.

Joe ran out the room, and Zoe flashed the lens at us, "Everyone remember my cousin, Jade? Well, today is her birthday, and we're taking her to see One Direction. She's just made herself a channel! So if you want to subscribe to her, just click her so called face here." She gestured, "And leave her a little birthday message below."

"And because Zoe is so kind," I hugged her, "Front row seats." I squealed, "Give this little video a thumbs up!"

"I think I deserve it. And I deserve Harry Styles." She added.

"I think you deserve it too. And no. Because I'm the birthday girl, so he'll be noticing me first." We laughed at each other as she shut the camera off.

"Guess who else is going with us?"

"Let me think." I said, although I already knew the answer, "Alfie?"

"You've become a good guesser!" She smiled as we walked out my bedroom.

"Just go out with him already! Everyone wants you two together anyways. And you never stop talking about him." I had never really met a majority of Zoe and Joe's friends, but Alfie seemed to be quite a catch around the two of them.

"Not happening." She stated as we walked out the door, "I'm still waiting for Harry."

There was a large black van waiting for us in my front yard. As we hopped in, I realised a few familiar faces. Jack and Finn. The only friends of my cousins that I actually knew. Jack was driving, and Finn was in the passenger's seat.

As he drove, everyone else introduced themselves. "Heeeeeeellloooooo." Said a muscularly toned boy with blonde-ish, brown-ish, hair. "I'm Marcus. The biggest directioner in this van." He smiled.

The boy that sat next to him retorted, "No! You can't just tell the birthday girl that you're the largest directioner of us all, when we're taking her to a One Direction concert! No! You can not do that!" I noticed a few of his features. Brown hair, with a small black patch in the front. He smiled largely, and seemed to be Marcus's best friend. "If anything," He looked at me, "I'm the largest directioner." He then looked back at Marcus and smiled jokingly. He turned to me again, "I'm Alfie by the way." Now I realised why Zoe talked about him so much. He was a genuine laugh to be around. I found sweetness in his personality, and warmth in his eyes as he smiled.

The next boy flicked his head, and held out a hand. "Hey, I'm Caspar Lee." His deep voice lured me, as I shook his hand.

The next boy interrupted. "I'm Sam." His rosy cheeks struck out, as his black hair swayed to the side. "You should subscribe to me, and click that like button because I can see Zoe recording everything." He asked, "You got a youtube?"

"Yeah!" I looked at Zoe's camera, "If you want to go to my channel, and click the little subscribe button, I assure you, it would make my day. Go look for me, JadeInTheSun!"

"JadeInTheSun?" Joe asked, "Is that supposed to be a pun?"

"Yeah. Because.. It's sounds like chasing the sun.."

After a few chatter filled minutes later, we arrived at the arena. Everyone had taken off, and I was left trying to step down from the car. "Oh, let me help you!" Without looking, I grabbed the hand offered to me. He helped me out of the van, and shut the door. "Wouldn't want to leave the birthday girl behind." I looked up to a smiling Alfie; his eyes twinkling as the sun began to set.

I moved a strand of my hair away from my face, placing it behind my ear. "So, you like One Direction, huh?" We followed everyone else as we conversed.

During the concert, we screamed and shouted, singing along. Zoe screamed as Harry walked by, and Caspar screamed in general, as his friend Josh was One Direction's drummer. Marcus and I fought over Niall. Jack held up a sign that said, my brother has a crush on Zayn, and Finn held a sign that read my brother has a crush on Louis. Sam met up with a guy named Andy, who apparently was a mutual friend of Liam and him.

After the concert, we all made our way to the nearest Nando's. They all sang me Happy Birthday while a chocolate cake was placed on the table, and I knew that this would be all over the vlogs later.

But as it got late, Jack dropped me home, and Zoe promised to call me later.

I ran to my room, and set my stuff down. I couldn't stop thinking about my day. And worse? I couldn't stop thinking about Alfie. It was strange. It was as if i'd seen him before. He seemed familiar to me. But it was impossible. I had only met him today.

But there was something else. Something else that waltzed around my mind. Alfie. I couldn't stop picturing the sparkle in his eyes while he smiled. The skin under his eyes crinkling whenever he did. His laugh that made me smile. The cute little black patch of hair that struck out from the brown. I couldn't get him out of my head. Why did he captivate me?

I heard a knock on my door, probably Carries stopping by to wish me a happy birthday. But as I opened the door, there stood.. Alfie Deyes.

Author's Note:

For those of you who don't know.. I have a massive crush on Alfie. So I thought I would channel that into a fanfiction. This is just a little sneak-peak. If you did enjoy this, please vote, fan, and comment for more! I don't want to be writing it if no one's going to read it! Please tell me your thoughts! (: