Chapter 7 - Please, Be Mine

Jade's POV

We arrived at the cinema. Carrie's performance of Les Mis was perfect as usual, but now, it was movie time.

"What are we watching?" I asked.

"This Is Us."

"Really?" Carrie wasn't really the type to be obsessed over a boyband. So the fact she was saying she wanted to watch this was saying something. "You sure?"

"Yeah. Well you've been through a lot lately. And I just want to help you clear your mind. And if that means that I have to sit through the One Direction movie, then so be it!" She smiled.

We purchased our tickets and a bucket of popcorn, then made out way to our seats. It wasn't as packed as I thought it would be, but it was a decent amount of people. The lights dimmed and the trailers started.

This particular trailer seemed to catch my eye. It was a pan of someone's feet running across town. As if he were in a hurry, chasing someone. He traveled across town, and went to various houses. And at each house, he made a speech. At every single home he arrived to, he would ask about his standing on him and a girl. All the voices sounded so familiar. Each person he asked, agreed that he and the girl were perfect for each other. No one dared to disagree. The scenery changed constantly. But suddenly, the running feet made route to this movie theatre. They ran down this hallway, leading to this room. This exact room. The camera finally panned up, and Alfie Deyes came to view. "I know this is grand, but Dan sees it, Phil sees it, Joe sees it, Finn and Jack see it, Zoe sees it, and I see it. If you don't feel the same way about me, Jade, I don't know what i'm going to do. Even ask Carrie. But i'm asking you now.. Would you be my girlfriend?"

I turned to Carrie and asked, "Did you help plan all this? Is this why you wanted to come here?"

The house lights turned on, and the screen faded to black. In Carrie's seat, sat Alfie Deyes with a bouquet of daisies. "Please?" He asked. I looked around the cinema, and saw my friends and family occupying the theatre's seats. "They all agree with me. And I know somewhere deep down, you do too."

"I don't know, Alfie." I frowned. This was all just a phoney act. No one understood how I felt. Absolute bullshit.

"Jade--" Alfie sighed.

"Is this a game to you, Deyes? Why are you doing this? You think you can just date my cousin and then come crawling to me with some huge romantic gesture? You think you can make me feel something for you, then completely avoid me the next week so you can date someone else? My cousin? Who you've toyed feelings with as well? You really have the nerve to go after me?"

I turned to look around, and spotted Zoe's face blush red in embarrassment. I spoke to her, "You let him do this to you. Why? I let you have him. You were supposed to win. Not me."

"I--" She shook her head. "I can't do this."

Alfie explained to me, "Don't blame her. It's not her fault. I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry, Alfie. You've done way too much, and I honestly don't know what to believe. You're just so unpredictable.. I can't keep up with you. And i'm not so sure about you anymore."

Zoe interrupted, "Jade. Don't listen to Alfie. I'm not letting him take the fall. This is all my fault. Just take my word for it, and believe me." She hesitated before speaking, "You said that I was supposed to win. Yet, you yell at poor Alfred, accusing him of playing some game. But in all actuality, it wasn't just him. We all were. We all gambled at this. Take him, Jade. You deserve to be with someone who cares about you. Don't worry about me."

"I still don't like the idea of this, and none of you are seeing it. None of you are understanding what I feel. What I think."

A silence came forth, before Joe spoke up, "I see it."

Alfie turned to him, "What are you on about, mate?"

Joe turned to Zoe and mouthed, "I'm sorry," before he spoke out loud.

Zoe argued, "Joe--"

Joe interrupted, "There's nothing to hide anymore. She knows, Zoe. You and I both know that Jade's way smarter than to believe this whole little charade." He walks towards Alfie, "Alfred, you're going to have to make a choice. Now. Either way, you're hurting someone."

"What are you talking about?" Alfie answered.

Okay that's it. He still thinks he can play around? "Stop playing dumb, Alfie." I retaliated.

He responded, "Jade, I assure you. I have no idea what he's talking about!"

Joe looked at me, "Jade, he really doesn't know anything. Everything's coming clean. Right now." Joe resumed conversation with the boy from Brighton, "Pick. My cousin? Or my sister? Because you have both of them falling for you."

Alfie pushed Joe aside gently, and walked towards Zoe at the opposite end of the room, "Zoe?"

Author's Note:

I once again.. Did not update when I was supposed to.. Due to my hectic schedule. Which will happen sometimes.. And I'm really thanking those of you who bother to stick around.. I really don't want to put my stories on hold.

And this is once again another chapter that I didn't proof read.. So i'm sorry if it sounds horrible or if you can't understand anything.

If you have any questions or comments, just leave a comment down below and don't forget to vote!