Chapter 12 - Let's Go to VidCon

Jade's POV

It's been about a year since Alfie and I have began dating, now.

And for a quick update on everyone?

Zoe is now dating Marcus, as she's claimed she's wanted from the beginning. I have a feeling she isn't happy with him, though. I can see it in her eyes. And I know Marcus knows it too. Whether they're still together is questionable.

I've made new friends, Tom Law and Dodie Clark. They're also youtubers. They, as well as Carrie, enjoy the musical side of things.

Tom Fletcher, not to be mistaken with Tom Law, is now a proud father. His wife, Giovanna, is pregnant, and Carrie couldn't be more ecstatic. She's so excited to become an aunt.

I deleted my youtube channel. I never really found myself making videos at all. But, everyone knew who I was, seeming that I was in my cousins' videos, Alfie's videos, Carrie's videos, Dan's videos, and Phil's videos, quite a bit. I've contemplated on starting youtube again, but I just can't picture myself being dedicated to it.

Tanya and Jim are stronger than ever. They are literally the happiest couple I have ever seen.

Joseph is still looking out for a lucky lady. He's aiming for a fan. He has a fantasy of meeting her or dating Mila Kunis. It's quite far-fetched.

Currently, we're on a flight to Los Angeles, my original home. We're here for vidcon. And though I'm not a youtuber, I was still invited to attend. We were flying in a few days early, just to do some sight-seeing.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt his lips press onto my forehead softly before he whispered into my ear, "I love you."

"I love you too." I mumbled back as I nuzzled into the crook of his neck, making myself comfortable. He chuckled, "You look so wasted right now, Jay. I'm sorry."

"Thanks. Because every girl wants to hear that." I opened my eyes and looked into his.

"Just go back to sleep, little one."

"Alright." I huffed, closing my eyes again.

Zoe's POV

You can't just go on like this.

Joe's last words before leaving England this morning, circled my mind.

It taunted me.

I knew he was right. I couldn't live like this for any longer. I couldn't push myself any longer. It hurts me to see the two of them cuddled together, it hurts me to see him kiss her forehead. It just pains me.

Now I know that Jade is like a sister to me, and that I shouldn't hurt her. But the more I hold everything in, the more I'm hurting myself.

Now, I'm not the one to cause a scene, but I--I just.

I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I'm suffocating in all this stress. I can't do it.

Tears escaped from my eyes, and I couldn't stop them from falling. Suddenly, time slowed down, and my vision blurred.

"Joseph." I shook him gently, waking him.

"Oh shit." He looked at me, worried. He pressed the button on the arm rest, calling for an air hostess.

I couldn't stop my tears from raining down. My heart was heavy, and I was breathing in short, agitated breaths.

"What? What's happening?" Jade, sitting to the right of me, rose her head from Alfie's shoulder, and wiped the sleep away from her eyes. She looked at me, concern written all over her face. "Oh, Zoe." She cooed. "Alfie." She nudged him gently. Alfie's eyes blinked slowly before waking. The two of them had been asleep for awhile now.

And I felt horrible knowing that it was I who waked them. Me, and these stupid panic attacks.

An air hostess walked by, and Joe didn't hesitate in speaking up, "Excuse me miss, but could you fetch us two cups of water?" The woman gave me a quick glance before nodding to Joe.

"Shh, shh. It's okay." Jade rubbed comforting circles on my back. If only she knew how I felt about this situation. But after all, I had to tell her eventually.

Alfie spoke, "It's alright, poppet. Calm down. We're here for you. Everything's alright. We're in the aeroplane on the way to Los Angeles. We're going to have loads of fun at vidcon in a few days, and everything will be alright. There's no need to worry."

His calming words only made me cry harder. How I wished he were saying that to me as if he were mine.

I feel bad for just forgetting about Marcus, but both he and I knew that I was in love with Alfie. And somehow, the two of us still managed to date. But, I couldn't help but make comparisons every time we were together. I'll bet it's annoying.

A stewardess returned and handed Joe two cups of water. He passed me a cup, "Come on, drink it." He instructed. Sometimes, I really underestimated him. "What's wrong?"I couldn't answer him. There was a hole in my chest and all I could do was wheeze, choke, and cry.

But some how, Joe understood. "Is it from what I told you before we left?"

I nodded and rested my head into his shoulder. I just wanted to hide and escape from all of this.

Joe whispered into my ear, "It's eating you alive, Zoe. You have to tell him. I know, you know, and hell even Marcus knows. There's no point in hiding it. Even Jade knew it from the beginning. You have to tell him how you feel."

"I know." I whispered back. "I will when we land. I'll tell Jade too."

"Okay." Joe sighed, "Now drink the water. It'll help you."

I rose my head and grabbed the cup of water that rested on the pull-out table of the aeroplane chair. I took a few sips, set the cup back down, and closed my eyes.

I just want this week to end.

Author's Note:

Woah okay long time no update! And I forgot what I wanted to write about.. I had details planned out for this story very well but sadly I lost them and all I remember is the main points. So this is leading up to a major turning point of the story, sorry if it feels like I just decided to skip a whole section or of the story is moving too quick..

I thank you all for putting up with me and my busy schedule and I'm really glad that you all still read my stories. Thank you so much. I love you.