Chapter 7 Part 1

Chapter 7

“Do not be afraid; our fate

Cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.” 

― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

After explaining to my mum the previous nights events Emily and Alexis were sent to school while my mum comforted me.

"Oh, il mio bambino" (Oh my baby) My mum breathed out embracing me in a warm hug.

I could feel myself breaking inside, why did I have to be the one with a messed up fate. This wasn't how it was supposed to be why did the moon goddess hate me so much? I mean I wasn't a bad person especially not to anyone in my pack no one deserves to have everything they'd ever dreamt of taken away in one night. 

In one night my world crashed, the one thing I'd waited my whole life for had been taken away in a matter of seconds.

I couldn't believe Cain had even been intimate with someone before he met his true mate, let alone gotten them pregnant. It wasn't fair I mean what right did he have to defy fate. While I sit here letting a hole of negativity swallow me i'm sure he's holding that Ellen girl in his arms congratulating her on the baby kissing her and telling her he loves her. Doing everything he was meant to do for me, when the time was right of course, but I guess i'll never have that moment now. 

"You know something honey fate is like a strange unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like but whats meant to be will be, there was a reason this happened and you need to speak with Cain to find out why he did what he did." My mum whispered giving me a kiss on the forehead and walking me carefully over to the sofa patting the empty seat next to her waiting for me to sit down which I did slowly. 

I felt so fragile and broken and I wasn't the only one who could see it the pained expression on my mothers face told me she was empathetic she was, but that wasn't enough was it she wouldn't have to mourn the loss of what should've been as I am now.

"So what you wan't me to try and work things out? Mum you know I cant do that" I whispered hoarsly 

"Of course not honey but you do need to talk to him before the rejection what if the baby isn't his? What if-"

"Mum I appreciate your concern but there are no what if's just by looking at Ellen I can tell she's a decent girl and even if what you were saying was true, he obviously isn't that thrilled by the idea of having a mate who was destined for him if he couldn't even wait for me"

"I know how you feel but-"

"See thats the thing you don't know how I feel and you never will, you'll never have to go through the rest of your life with those horrible what if's always at the back of your mind taunting you, you don't understand and yes I know that he probably does want to be with me well theres a possability he does want me but I just I don't know if I can be a step mum or even be classed as a home wrecker" 

 With that I stood up and walked to my room getting ready to drown in self pity.

_________________

Sorry this is so short and late I have exams and stuff but the next chapter will be big :)

To the side is Nicole clear faced and slightly upset :(