Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Lily's POV

"I've said I'm sorry a million times Scorpius." I sighed and trailed behind him as I followed him through the leprechaun portrait into his room.

"Trouble in paradise?" asked the nosy leprechaun. I scowled at it and it shrugged sheepishly, closing behind me. "It was a valid question."

"Why won't you talk to me?" I pulled his arm, making him stop. He shook me off and turned around stiffly.

"Are you out of your mind?" He almost yelled. "You could've been seriously hurt Lily! Going in that house was stupid."

I got a bit defensive, he didn't need to be so angry with me. "You're such a hypocrite Scorpius! If I had a galleon for every time you were reckless or did something risky, I'd be bloody rich!"

"But that's the point, I'm the reckless one in this relationship. It's so out of character for you. It's only because you were following that Oliver Black kid." He sneered his name. "He's bad news Lily."

"I followed Roxanne!" I defended - which to be fair was true. "She has some crush on him and wanted to follow him...and I wasn't about to let my best friend go in there alone."

"Are you sure you don't have a crush on him too?" he asked, his eyes cold.

"What! How can you even ask me that?"

He sighed dejectedly and perched on the arm of a armchair. "I don't know...I just saw the way he looked at you. He obviously likes the look of you and he's obviously not bad looking. I mean not as good looking as me," he joked half heartedly, "but he's not terrible."

"What do you mean, the look of me? I'm not a piece of meat..." I rolled my eyes. "Anyway he's not after me. Even if he was I would never cheat on you."

"Well you did it to Lorcan.." he muttered almost too quietly that I couldn't hear. Immediately after he looked away, staring into the fireplace. I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

"With you, you dumbass! You were hardly the innocent one!" I could feel tears threatening to stream down my cheeks. It was true, I had kissed Scorpius multiple times whilst I was still with Lorcan in fifth year and I still felt guilty thinking about it. Luckily now Lorcan had moved on and was settling down with a lovely Ravenclaw girl in sixth year. I wasn't condoning cheating, it was still a terrible thing to do, and I could have handled the situation a little differently, but luckily in my case everything had turned out fine. But I'd never EVER do it again. "After all that we've been through Scorpius, why would you say that!?" I couldn't stop the hot tears from flowing down my cheeks as I stood facing him. My sobbing seemed to kick Scorpius out of whatever crazed mood he was in as he came shooting to my side. He lifted one of his hands and brushed my hair out of my face so it didn't stick to my wet cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that" he murmured into my hair as he crushed me towards him and I collided with his hard chest. He stroked my hair softly, running his fingers through the knots at the ends. I had always loved people playing with my hair. Brushing it, plaiting it, styling it. If all else failed in a wizarding career, I could a hair model. "I just don't want to lose you."

"Well you've got a funny way of showing it." I sniffled into his chest.

Too my surprise he started chuckling, his chest vibrating against my head. "It's called jealousy my darling." Which in turn made me laugh.

"Don't call me your darling..." I looked up at him, he had a smile playing on his lips.

"Why not?"