Chapter 3

It’s Hard Being in Love with a Malfoy

Chapter 3

Lily’s POV

It happened as I was just turning the corner to enter the Great Hall. Someone’s arm wrapped around my waist and yanked me backwards into a broom cupboard. “What the-” I started before I hand went over my mouth silencing me and the door to the cupboard shut, drowning us in darkness. For a moment I panicked, but then relaxed as I fell into the familiar embrace and cologne.

“Scorpius, really?” I asked when he had removed his hand from around my mouth.

“Lumos.”

The end of his wand lit up illuminating his face and the mischievous grin upon it. “What? No kiss?” He asked, leaning in and pouting.

I smirked and shook my head, “Not this time champ. You have some serious questions to answer first.”

“Do you remember last time when we were in this broom cupboard?” he interrupted, looking around thoughtfully. I looked around at the familiar surroundings; the dusty old broom sat in the corner and the couple of old, abused textbooks sat on a small shelf, just like they were two years ago. We shared our first kiss in here, well if you discount the drunken happenings the night before that. Our first memorable kiss, should I say. Damn him for bringing it up!

“Stop changing the subject!” I slapped his arm, getting my mind back to the point.

“What!?” he asked smiling innocently. Scratch that. Scorpius was never innocent.

“You know what we’re talking about,” I said crossing my arms, trying to look angry.

“I haven’t the foggiest clue.”

“Scorpiuss,” I whined, pouting.

“Lilyy,” he grinned and moved closer, trapping me against the wall.

“Shut up.”

“Hey, respect your teachers, Miss Potter.”

I smiled triumphantly. “Okay, Mr Teacher. I guess now that you’re a Professor, I won’t be able to do this...” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed the corner of his mouth teasingly. I pulled back and looked back up at him underneath my eyelashes. He leaned forward eager for more, but I moved  my head to the side. “Sorry, no student teacher relationships allowed. I am head girl after all. What would people say!?”

He groaned, “Technically I’m not your Professor anyway. You don’t even take Ancient Runes.” He leaned in again arrogantly, obviously thinking he was winning this little debate.

“That really doesn’t matter. You’re still classed as a Professor. McGongall had some words with me last night. She thinks we should stop seeing each other. It’s a rather bad influence on the other students.”

He smirked, “Oh really? That’s a bit odd as she also had a short conversation with me when I got here yesterday about how she has no problem with us being together as long as we don’t flaunt it about in public. And I wouldn’t call being in this broom cupboard with you ‘public.’ In fact it’s very nice and cosy in here,” he winked mischievously.

I scowled, dropping all pretence, “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming back to teach? It would’ve saved me from feeling so crap all day.”

“Aww I’m sowwie,” he whispered pressing his lips lightly against my cheek. “I wanted it to be a surprise. Forgive me?”

I shook my head, even though we both knew that with him doing what he was doing, I didn’t really have a choice in the matter. I had already forgiven him, and he knew that.