Chapter 17~Part 1- Rae

Chapter 17-

Cody’s POV:

“AHHHHH!” I cannot believe this! I haven’t seen my best friend since Christmas; aka FOREVER! “I missed you I missed you I missed you I mibbs ua.” She stuffed her hand over my mouth like she does when I talk too much.

I took in her tight blue jeans with stylish brown belt with yellow designs on it. Then her white tank top with gray jacket that’s been taken over by a large white flower design that  slightly resembles paint splatter, and to finish off the look she about 5 necklaces with brown leather string and different charms that match her outfit. Her hair is swept back and poofy, probably because she washed and blow-dried it before coming. (picture on the side ----->)

I pried her small but strong fingers of my mouth, “I hate that, but I missed you!” I didn’t even have to think about the smile that took control of all my features.

“I missed you too! Christmas is way too long to be without my best friend. I was seriously suffocating with my grandmother.”

“Oh gosh, I wanted to maim her so bad when she wouldn’t let you come for spring vacation.”

“I know right! Oh and-” her hand wrapped up and around the back of my head and slapped me. Hard.

“What the hay! You slap too hard to do that!”

“THAT was for going off into the Colorado mountains like a dumb person and getting yourself stuck like a stupid person, and ending up injured and in a coma for a month like a person that wants to give me a heart attack! I was going insane for a week before your mother finally realized no one had called me yet! What the hell were you thinking?! You’re supposed to be the smart one!”

“This is so not my fault!” oh wait, it is….whatever, “Okay, well maybe a little bit, but that’s not the point! It’s not like I wanted to get stuck up in those dang mountains! I didn’t have any control over that mass blizzard that came in out of nowhere. Therefore: not my fault.”

“Uh, hello, you were still stuck up there in the dark. That blizzard didn’t hit until after dark. Therefore, you could’ve made it down fine.”

Crap, she’s smart. “Yeah well, maybe I wanted to go climbing in the dark, huh? You know, night sky, clear air, that kind of thing.” Ha! I’d like to see her beat that!

“You can’t look up when you’re halfway up a mountain!”

“I can, cause I’m just that awesome.”

She rolled her eyes and laced on her famous, annoying sarcasm, “Oh, yeah, ahuh, you’re totally so awesome that you can do stuff that not even the best mountaineers’ can do. Seriously Cody, you can’t go star-gazing on the side of a mountain.”

She rolled her eyes again, getting that I was lying my arse off right now, “Oh whatever, let’s-”

Before she could get four words into her sentence she was rudely interrupted- and surprisingly it wasn’t by me.

Whoever interrupted her was behind the door, so I ushered her in and closed it, to find both boys looking at us curiously.

“What?”

Rick was standing there staring at Rae and blinking rapidly like he couldn’t actually see her. Jason nudged him in the side when he didn’t answer, but not even that would knock him out of his stupor. In fact, the only response it got was to get him to flap his mouth open and shut a few times.

I, personally, thought he looked like a creeper and Rae obviously thought the same thing when she muttered/sang “Creeperrrr,” and started backing away slowly.