Chapter 17~Part 2- Rae

Rick’s POV:  

Damn.

“That Rae girl is freaking hot.”

“Dude,” Jason obviously thought I was talking to him, and not myself, “So outta your league.”

I snorted. “Dude,” I mocked, “There’s no such thing as ‘out of my league.’ I’m a girl magnet. They can’t help but love me.”

“Yeah, something tells me that the two girls that just raced upstairs don’t like you very much.”

-(*@*)-

Cody’s POV:

She beat me. Yes, that little twit actually beat me.

“No offense, but I kind of want to brutally murder you right now.”

“I’d be more worried if you didn’t want to.”

“True.”

She’s the only person I can I say I want to murder without her freaking out, it’s pretty cool.

I was only like twenty seconds behind her, but I still lost, and all because of that stupid, stupid cast. I should really saw it off. After all, my ankle feels fine.

The studio was on the third floor; aka Rae’s floor –yes, she gets her own floor, too. She helped me design it, and she practically lived here at the time.

It wasn’t too extravagant. It’s a long thin room with glass and the sound-editing table with all the different buttons and everything with glass that looks into the actual studio big enough to fit a whole band comfortably. There’s a red door to the far right that takes you to the studio, then you walk to the far end of the studio into the instrument room, which can also been seen through the glass and that holds any instruments you may need, and on the far side of that there’s another red door that leads into the lounge.

We headed to the lounge, and as we entered I smiled at the different bean bag chairs, huge pillows, colorful carpets, the two hanging chairs (the round kind that you sit in and spin around, and they hang from the ceiling), and all the crazy-colored modern art.

“So what’s been up?” I started.

“Uh, school being mean, especially my history teacher, that woman hates me!”

“History teachers don’t like anyone, but George Washington.”

She gave a short laugh and shook her head at me sitting in one of the clear hanging chairs, while I plopped down on a lime green bean bag chair across from her and near the door.

“Yeah I guess, but I’m finished for the year, so I’m here for the summer!” Her smile was huge and you could see how happy she was to be here.

“How did you get your grandma to agree to that!” Her grandma’s a real stickler. She lives in Iowa…..IOWA! When Rae’s parents died I did everything I could, bribed in every way I knew, and groveled on my knees to her grandma, trying to convince her to move here so I could be with Rae. We’d supposed to go to our senior year together, but her grandma made her move in with her.

“I said that I’d act lady like while I’m here.”

“……Did she actually believe you?”

“Yeah.” She said it like it was obvious, but I still cracked up, essentially falling off my chair. “No offence, but she’s really, really dumb!”

She chuckled a little bit. “She definitely needs to watch that movie ‘The Invention of Lying’.”

My laughing, which she’d been talking over, stopped and I looked up with a scrunched eyebrow. I’d thought it’d look stupid and we normally have the same taste in movies. “You saw that movie?”

“Of course not, it looked way too stupid to waste time on, but from the promo’s I’ve seen it seemed to fit this conversation.”

I nodded my head slightly. “Not to mention it’s not a ‘ladies’ movie.”

We froze and looked at each other for about ten seconds and then doubled over laughing.  

 We were both thinking about the time we’d had a ‘The Lord of the Rings’ marathon, watching all of the movies in a row. Her grandma had been visiting and she walked in just as that specially big orc was being pulled out of the mud, and she started yelling at us about ‘manners’ and ‘how to be a lady’ and stuff like that which neither of us would never pay attention to. It was so funny, that even though we were being yelled at we were barely able to contain our laughter until she stomped out of the room still muttering about how ‘unladylike’ we are.

“Will that ever stop being funny?” I half laughed.

“Probably not. Do you think she knows we never take her lectures seriously?”

“Well she takes everyone on their word, so probably, but there is no way to understand what goes on in that woman’s mind.”

“She’s from a whole other time.” She agreed as she pulled herself back in her chair.

“Almost like an alien.” Then I pulled myself up and plopped myself on my back and stared up at the ceiling.

“You’re still really still obsessed with aliens?”

“I’m not obsessed with aliens, I just like saying aliens so I use it in a lot of conversations. That’s all.” My voice comes out strained from being on my back.

“Yeah, sure, whatever. So what do we do now…. I’m bored.”

“Why do I always have to come up with stuff to do, why don’t you come up with something for once?”

“Because…. I don’t know, you’re the idea person.” She makes it sound like it’s the most obvious thing in the world –which it so isn’t! “Now what do we do?”

“Uuuuum,” I ran through a quick list of things we could do. “Suddenly my house seems very boring.”

“We could play hide and seek.”

“Hmmmm,” I threw the idea back and forth in my mind like a baseball, contemplating the idea, but an even better one struck me. I sat up and looked at her with excited eyes, “Let me show you the club!”

Her brow creased in confusion, but before I could explain her eyes got wide like mine and she smiled brightly. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!”

[A/N: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to be this long, but I got busy, and I had writers block, and sunburns and vacations. And I'm sorry this is short, but I'm already supposed to wake up in 7 hours and cook breakfast, so this is it for tonight, but I'll upload again before Wednesday!

Thank you for being patient, and please vote? Maybe comment and let me know what ya'll think?]