four

carter

"Sam!" I called, when I saw him hanging out by the sheds. He grinned and walked over. I laughed.

"Hey little one. How's life since I last saw you?"

"Sam, you saw me yesterday! You idiot."

"Oh yeah!"

" Dur brain..." I muttered. He grinned at me.

"So whats happening tomorrow, with you and Kylen eh?" He said winking. "I heard you said 'yes' to him when you met up at the library."

I blushed. Why did he have to bring it up...

"We're going out." I said, simply.

"You look like the most excited person in the whole world." He said sarcastically.

I chuckled.

My mind drifted.

I'd only been here four days, and I'd already been asked out on a date. And a group of bad boys, are all acting as if I'm their childhood bestie.

There was also Blake too.

I think I would say that if I had to pick someone out of the group who I was most closet too, it would be Blake.

He was the one that got me talking to his friends anyway. Me and him have also been hanging out quite a lot. He's been walking me to class, and I guess you could say that I was envied by most of the other girls in the school.

Although there was this one girl that I always noticed, who would just sit back in the background, and never talk. Never got involved in anything. She wasn't exactly the most popular person at the school.

I remember I saw her once, by her locker, which is a few away from mine. Anyway, another girl (One of the slutty one's in case you were wondering) came up to her. She basically pushed her out of her way, and demanded for her to give her, her lunch money. I was quite surprised by this really, since I only thought that happened in movies. I guess not.

The girl never backed down though. Although she tried to stay out of the way, doesn't mean she wouldn't fight her own battles. She told the 'slut' that she wouldn't give her, her money, and with that she walked off. I really wanted to run up to her and say something, but I knew that if I did that, she would have probably just stared at me, while I tried and figured out what to say to her.

"Yo. Carter? You in there?" Sam said waving his hand in front of my face. I shook my head, and then looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'what'?" He said bewildered. "You totally just spaced out just then. I was waving my hand in font of your face and everything."

"That explains that then." I muttered. Sam gave me this weird look, but decided to shake it off.

"Hey. I was wondering..." He started. I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Wondering what Sam..?" I asked.

"Wondering if you were free on Thursday after school next week?" I stared at him, in disbelieve.

"Are you kidding me?" I said.

He grinned. "Not in a date sort of way, you idiot." He tapped me lightly around the head. "You can't tell any of the other guys alright?" He said. "Promise?"

I sighed. "Yeah, I promise. Now what?"

"Well my grades aren't exactly my highest. And I'm kind of failing everything apart from biology and I've only got a C in that... I've tried everything to get back up there. But I can't. Now um your all smart and scientific..." He said looking up at me with puppy dog eyes. That were unbearably cute. "Maybe we could s-"