eight

blake

"Well, I really did like Kylen. He was sweet, and cute an-"

"Get to the point Carter." I said. She blushed and looked down in her lap.

She looked...

Well she looked beautiful.

"Sorry." She grinned slightly, and I couldn't help but smile at her.

The more I looked at her the more I noticed certain things about her.

The way she would always bite her bottom lip when she did something wrong or the way she fiddles with her hair when she's nervous.

"Well we went on the date. Blah blah blah. But he was really, how do I put this? Mean? I dunno. Just not the person I liked. He beat up our waiter, probably almost killing him, made Fabian watch over me, like I needed a babysitter when its clear I don't."

"You can be clumsy at times." I said smirking. She glared at me, making me smirk even more. It was so cute when she got pissed at me. It was so fun.

"I am not clumsy." She stated proudly.

"Oh, okay. So what about on Wednesday when you tripped over a bush?"

She began to cover her face with her hands, and I knew that beneath them; she was blushing a bright red.

"Okay, okay. Fine I am clumsy. Now do you want to hear what happened or not?" She said sternly.

I nodded and she continued.

"Anyway, at the party...Well he kissed another girl. I couldn't just stand there with Fabian looking sorry for me, and knowing he'd come over in the next five minutes. So I left the party, but then I found you, and you took me home. And yeah. Thats all there is to it. Nothing else. Yeah. Okay."

"He kissed another girl?" I asked calmly. Inside though I was fuming. Why would he do that when he knew he was on a date with Carter. Oh yeah. You forgot Blake. He's a player.

She nodded.

"I'm sorry, I knew you liked him." I said.

Sighing she replied. "I'm over it. I don't think I ever did really like him. You know...I mean I've only lived here a week. I'm being stupid - going out with boys after-"

"Hey. You said to me ages ago you'd tell me about what happend with your, um ex. You did say you'd tell me" I grinned and winked. She chuckled.

"Do I have to? Its not the happiest subject." She sighed.

"Please." I said, doing the puppy dog stare. I saw her melt, and agree.

"Fine. Only if you let me tell it how I want." I nodded. "Well I used to live in LA. And I had a couple of friends. But my best friend was Skyla. She wasn't exactly popular, but all of the populars liked her. I think they kinda wanted her to join their 'group', but Skyla never left my side.

But she was working on a science project with her lab partner. His name was..." I saw her gulp. "Jack."

"Jack?"

"Jack." She nodded. " As soon as I saw him, well my heart melted. I must have liked him for months and months. Him and Skyla had become good friends, and she soon become good friends with all of the people. The thing was, that so did I. The nerd with no background. They all seemed to enjoy my company. Then Jack asked me out, and I was over the moon. He was my boyfriend of eleven months." She frowned. Her eyes watery. "But the same thing happened. I was invited to the party, and I wasn't going to go. I knew everyone else was going, including Skyla, but I had studying to do. But in the end I did go. I went, only to find him with another girl. It was said he'd been cheating on me for a month."