twelve

carter

"No. Absolutly not."

"But mom! Please! I never spend time with them. I miss them so much. How hard do you think this has been for me?" I shouted back into the phone.

"Carter! We had this convosation."

"I don't care mom. Please just let me have this one day with my best friend. Please. I'm almost seventeen. You can't boss me around all the time!"

"Your not an adult yet Carter-"

"You know what? Fuck off."

"Cart-"

But I hung up. I slammed the phone down. I tried not to cry. I really did, but the fact the blake now hated me, as well as my mother was really getting me down. A tear rolled down my cheek, and I was desperate to call my mother back to apoligise but I knew it would make things worse. Putting on a brave face, and wiping the tear away, I walked back in to the room were Mitch and Skyla were both staring at me.

"Yes. I'm coming." I say. "But I have to be back tonight."

"Cool!" Skyla said.

"I'm going to go and get dressed." Mitch winked. I sighed, and his grin supressed into a frown. "Are you sure you can come Carter. Honestly if your mom is going to kill you, then you should go back."

"No. I can't let her always have her way."

"Okay..." He nodded, smiled weakly then went to his room.

"You sure?" Skyla asked. I nodded.

"I'm sure" I smile. "Come on, stop being so dreary. Today is going to be fun!" I laugh.

"If you say so." She says.

"I do say so. Anyway, we need to get dressed. We have a long dayof shopping ahead of us." I say. She grinned evilyat me.

"Yes, yes we do." And with that she bounded up the stairs, in which I closley followed.

~*~

"Does this dress go with that cardigan?" Skyla whines, as she turns to look in the mirror.

"Nope." I say.

"Really? Aw nuts...I thought it did."

"Kidding sky," I chuckle. "It look good, I promise. How about these jeans? I'm not sure if I have the right 'figure'?"

"Yeah, you right. They don't look good on you." Skyla announced. I smiled thoughtfully, and walked back in my changing room. The good thing about Skyla, is that she isn't afriad to say what she thinks. If it comes to her head, she says it. She's the fun, bubbly one. I'm the sarcastic loser one. Though she never admits it.

"Come on guys! You've been in there wayyyyy too long!" moans Mitch.

"Shut up brother." Sky laughs. "We haven't seen each other for a month, don't be such a downer."

"I'm not sister I'm just bored of trying on clothes 24/7."

"You know what?" I say walking out of the changingroom, with my normal clothes on,"Mitch is right. Lets go grablunch andthen do something he wants to do after. Hey maybe we could go to the movies or some shit?" I offered.

Mitch agreed, and Skyla had to in the end. She'd just so obsessed with shopping.

We waited another five minutes for Skyla to pay for her new outfit, then we walked out of the store, and headed to the food court in the mall. "What does everyone fancy?" I asked. "My treat."