Minimal gain?

Emily watched as Reid spoke softly to JJ before she gave him a passionate kiss, then watches him walk away across the black top to the jet. "He'll be okay Jay." Emily reassured walking closer to the blonde. "It's a basic meeting just to check out the surroundings and the children, nothing will happen."

The blonde nodded before she felt a few tears run down her face. "I just have a horrible feeling about this... I can't place it..."

Prentiss nodded she could understand where the younger woman was coming from the fear that he was never coming home to you... Having to raise his child all alone... She quickly snapped out of it  and hugged JJ. "I promise I will keep him safe, just for you."

..........................................

JJ ran out of her office the best she could into the bullpen, she grabbed the remote to the tv and turned it on before calling over Morgan.

"has turned into a violent, deadly stand off between Colorado authorities a fringe group known as the Seperatarian Sect..." the news anchor spoke.

Morgan's eyes widened. "Isn't that where Reid and Prent-"

JJ cut him off with a nod. "They're still in there..."

"HOTCH!" The older agents voice boomed throughout the room stopping everyone so they could look and face him. The unit chief walked out of his office with a stern expression on his face followed by Rossi with a concerned one. "It's Prentiss and Reid." Morgan informed them as he pointed to the screen.

"Okay, that means we're the lead with Hostage Rescue and Support. Let's go." Hotch said leading everyone to the jet.

...............................

"Now the three child services workers..." Rossi asked trying to keep as formal as possible.

"One of them is dead." Cyrus replied "It wasn't us."

Rossi held his breath as he looked over to the team and saw JJ standing there with tear filled eyes but trying her best to stay as collected as possible. Hotch and Morgan were averting their eyes from everyone in the tent pretending to be wrapped up in whatever job they seemed to be doing.

"I need a name." Rossi demanded. "For the family."

The team all looked up and starred at the phone waiting for the reply. "Her name was Nancy Lund."

..................................

"Which one of you is the agent?"

Emily wouldn't take back her answer even if she had known what Cyrus was going to do. It would be safer for the two of them if Reid was free to wonder and find a way to get them to escape.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." She kept repeating to the team hoping they would understand and not force their way into the cult yet. She could handle her own, she has experienced a lot worse.

.................................

"Emily, Emily, you alright?" Morgan asked running up to find her.

"They've wired explosives." She said slightly out of breath as she motioned for the children to continue down.

"Where's Reid?"

"He's in the chapel with Cyrus." Emily replied.

"We've got to get you out of here." Rossi said.

"No we've got to get Reid!" Emily fired back.

"Prentiss, I will get Reid. Get out of here." Morgan said nodding at Rossi. "Get her to safety. Go now."

...............................

Emily threw her arms around Reid as he and Morgan escaped the exploded building. "Im so glad you're okay!" She breathed.

"I am so sorry!" He replied. "...where's JJ?" He asked releasing Emily from their hug.

The female agent couldn't help but chuckle as she pointed over her shoulder towards the tents. "She might have an aneurism if you don't hurry."

Next she hugged Morgan as they turned to watch Reid run through the cars and people to try to get to his girlfriend. "Have you ever seen him run that fast?" Morgan asked.

.................................

Hotch pulled up his SUV outside of Emily's apartment. He had offered to drive her home and the two had picked up a now sleeping Irene from the day care. The unit chief put the vehicle in park before turning to face his friend. "Emily-" he started.

"Ugh!" Prentiss groaned throwing her head back. She knew exactly what her boss wanted to talk to her about.

"Do you have any idea how dangerous it was to tell Cyrus you were the agent?" Hotch asked.

Emily rolled her eyes. "It was safer for me to say it rather than Reid. He was better for getting closer to Cyrus and profiling him. He would never have trusted a women like he trusted Reid. And besides someone had to make sure he got home to JJ tonight."

"What about Irene? Who was going to make sure you got home to her?" Hotch replied.

Emily unbuckled her seatbelt. "I can handle myself Hotch."

"I just want to make sure you're safe okay? And that-" but he was cut off by Emily planting a quick kiss on his lips.

"I said I can handle myself." Her voice was lower in a sexy kind of way. "Now stop talking about it." She didn't let him reply before she slipped out of the car and grabbed Irene from the back. "I'll see you Saturday for Irene's party."

...............................

"Kiss mommy goodnight?" Emily asked her daughter who giggled and pecked her moms lips slightly before sitting down in the crib. "Two more days until you're one!"

Once Irene was down Emily got ready for bed and was shutting the curtains when she noticed Hotch's car was still parked outside of her building. She had no idea why she kissed him... But she liked it... And obviously he did too. Taking her phone out she shot him a text before climbing into bed.

"Don't make me call the cops Hotchner. 😜"