Birthday Party

Garcia and Emily finished tying up the last of the balloon on the back patio of Prentiss' building. Irene was waddling along the wooden beck with her Winnie the Pooh toy Walker as she babbled about who knows what. Garcia couldn't help but fawn over the child, she had even bought her a purple dress and tiara for the grande occasion.

JJ and Reid arrived not long after carrying in the birthday cake and a bundle of presents. "You guys really didn't need to do that." Emily said taking the cake and placing it on the table.

"What kind of aunt would I be if I let her go to sleep on her birthday empty handed?" JJ replied with a wink.

"You're as bad as Garcia." Emily laughed.

"And I am not offended by that." JJ laughed also. "Now come on Spence, let's go find me a chair." The blonde took her boyfriends hand and walked over to the lawn chairs set up across the porch.

Soon the whole deck was crowed with people swooning over her child. Not only the team but also her mother and anyone she had 'happened' to invite in the process.

Irene was with her grandmother being shown off to all of her high estate friends. Grabbing a drink off of the counter she made her way through the crowd over to JJ. She slumped down into a chair and sighed.

"What's wrong with you?" The blonde asked running her stomach.

"I'm just thinking about stuff." Emily sighed. "I need to tell you something but you have to promise not to tell anyone."

"I promise it'll be between, you, me, and this baby."

Emily nodded, her voice went low into a whisper. "I kissed Hotch..."

Jennifer gasped using her blue eyes to stare into her friends brown. "No! Seriously?! Was it good?"

"He didn't kiss me back... It was quick, he was telling me how stupid it was to tell Cyrus I was the agent and I don't know.. I just kissed him... Then left."

Before JJ could reply a happy childish yell was heard from across the patio. "Emmy!" Jack Hotchner shouted before running towards the raven haired women.

"Jack! Hi! How are you?" Emily smiled lifting him up to sit on her lap.

"Good! Daddy and I bought Irene a huge gift!" The three year old exclaimed .

Emily smiled but internally rolled her eyes for the fact that they too bought her daughter a gift. "How huge?"

"I can't tell you, it'll ruin the surprise!" Emily nodded before her eyes caught with Hotch's whom had just made his way over.

"H-Hi." He choked out carrying the purple wrapped gift.

"Hi... Do you need help with that?" She offered.

"No... No I've got it."

They continued to stare until JJs awkward cough dragged them out of their thoughts. When Emily looked over JJ pointed down to her legs, Irene was sitting on her feet waiting for the adults to finish talking. "Hi sweetie!"

"Mama!" Irene called lifting her arms in the air. "Mama! Hungee!"

"Hungry? Do you want some cake?"

The little girls blue eyes shot wide open and the sound of cake. Her head shook up and down eristically. "Ca! Ca!"

Everyone sang happy birthday and a smaller version of the birthday cake was placed in front of Irene where she and Emily attempted to blow out the candle. Everyone laughed and took pictures as the one year old as she stuck her hand into the small cake and dug in while Garcia cut the cake JJ and Reid brought.

..............................

"Her pyjamas should just be in the top draw, her blanket and soother are in the crib." Emily informed her mother who offered to put Irene to bed while Emily cleaned up.
"Goodnight sweetie, be good for grandma okay?"

Irene nodded her sleepy head against her grandmothers shoulder. "Goodnight dear." Elizabeth said before heading inside the apartment.

"Wait Ambassador!" Hotch called after Ms. Prentiss. "Would you mind bringing Jack upstairs? He just has to use the washroom. I'll come upstairs for him when we finish cleaning up."

"Oh not a problem Hotchner, it was nice seeing you again."

"And you as well Ambassador."

Prentiss and Hotch cleaned in silence, all the plates and cups, and wrapping paper. Emily wanted very much to talk to him but she couldn't really seem to get the words out.

"Are you doing anything for your birthday?" Hotch asked as he threw a plastic cup into the trash bag.

"How did you-?"

"It's my job to know." He replied with a slight smile. "October twelfth? That's only nine days from now."

"I think I'm going to skip it..."

Hotch nodded his head before going back to silence. "What if I took you for dinner?" He offered. "It doesn't have to be a date... Just something to celebrate?"

"I'd love to." Emily replied. "That would be amazing. Thank you."

You guys aren't reviewing and it makes me sad!

Oh and happy birthday to Emily Prentiss!