Chapter 3

***Julia's P.O.V.***

Niall was still standing in front of me. I couldn't help but notice his muscular build, I got to admit, it was very enticing. Our faces were still very much close to each others. He leaned in once again, but I backed up. I didn't want to move things too fast, plus I just met him. He looked a little bewildered at first but then he understood the reason for my reaction.

He just gave me a peck on the cheek and whispered in my ear,"I'll pick you up at 7."

"See you then." I said giving him a wink. What a cheesy move Julia. *Mental facepalm*

He gave me a wink back, at least I think it was a wink. I don't know what he was trying to do but I'm pretty sure it was a wink. Then he walked out the door and left the building, leaving me with my heart still fluttering inside me.

I went up to my apartment door, and I quickly shut it and ran to my room to figure out what to wear. I heard groaning and coughing from the other room. Shit, gram. I ran in her room, she was laying in her bed. I could tell she was not comfortable. Last week she was diagnosed with advanced cancer. I only got 2 months to be with her, but I'm only staying for a week. It truly breaks my heart everytime I see her like this, slipping away. She's always been there for me, so I want to be here for her, specially at this time. The sad thing is, all her children want is her money, they just can't wait to get their dirty hands on it. They don't really care that she's dying, their mother, they just want the goddamn money that gets left for them. All I can describe about them is animals, filthy, worthless animals.

"Hey, you ok? Need anything you want me to get? I can go to the store and get something if you like?" I asked with care.

"No its fine dear, just hand me the pillow over there please." she weakly replied.

I handed her the pillow and she thanked me. She started to look at me funny.

"What?" I retorted. She just smiled at me and answered back with a hint of excitement in her voice.

"So, what's this boy's name?" she questioned me.

I just looked at her astonished. My eyes got big and my mouth hung wide open. How does she know about Niall? She's too weak to go get up look out the window, even if she did, she still wouldn't have seen us. And I know for sure she can't go out and follow me, she can't even take two steps without falling let alone walking down the stairs!

She narrowed her eyes at me and started to smile. "I'm waiting."

"His name is, N-Niall." I said in defeat.

"Ahh, theres the answer I was waiting for." she gave me a wink and another wrinkly smile.

"But how did you know?"

"You looked just like your grandmother when she met your grandfather for the first time." She said.

"That's amazing! Thats how you knew?"

"Well, that and the fact that I can smell his cologne on you from over here." she laughed.

Have I really hung out with him that long to have his scent still lingering on me? I guess so.

"So, what does this Niall do? And how did you meet him?" she was definitely interrogating me now, but I guess that's her job now since my mum is not around anymore.

"Um, I think he said something about a boy band? I think it was called One Direction. And I met him at the palace maze." I chuckled to myself, "We got lost and we were stuck there for about 3 hours, haha, and he drove me home after that."

"Oooo, a boy band! I remember when The Beatles were still around, me and Esther would collect all their posters and records. Ahhh the good old times." I laughed at her statement.

"But this Niall character sounds lovely dear, he asked you out on a date, didn't he." she gave me the funny look again, but I just stood there in complete shock. She did it again, I swear to god she must be a psychic of some sort.

I nodded my head indicating a 'yes'. She let out a cry of joy and she gestured me over to give her a hug. I obeyed her command and I gave her a hug. She smelled of soap and plums. Typical elderly person smell. Her hug was weak, another piece of my heart broke.

********

I had come to the conclusion that I had nothing to wear, especially if what he says is true, (him being in a world famous band) I didn't want to look like a fool, but I also wanted to be myself. I just don't want to pretend to be someone else just to fit in. He has to like me for me, if its meant to be. Simple as that.

I got out my phone, I saw I had two messages. One from Niall and one from Drew, she's my best friend that I had to leave back in New Jersey. I miss her a lot. I looked at her message first.

Drew: Ughh I miss you!! I can't graduate without my bestie not being there!

I responded back to her.

Julia: I know, I know... I'll try to come back to see you off k? :) ;)

I miss Drew, I wish she could come with me shopping, she knew what guys liked. But maybe it's also a good thing she can't come, she would of probably brought her weirdo boyfriend Dan, he creeps me out. I looked at Niall's text.

Niall: Hey it's Niall, remember I'll pick you up at 7pm, we're not going anywhere fancy so just dress casual :)

I responded back to him with an 'k' and turned my phone off and shoved it in my purse. I had a little spending money from my job at the antique shop, so I can splurge a bit on myself and get something nice for my date. It was 5:30 so I had time to go pick something up and get home in time for Niall to pick me up, I hailed a cab over and drove off to the shops.

********

I got out of the car and paid my fare, and I walked into the huge mall. I'm so excited to go shopping, they added a bunch of stores like Topshop, H&M, Jack Wills, Hollister, and Victoria Secrets. I ran into the first store I saw, Jack Wills. I felt like a kid in a candy shop, everything they had there, I wanted. I finally settled on an outfit. I picked out an aqua redmain cardigan, with pinkish red henlow skinny jeans with a grey highfield vest with the Jack Wills logo on it. I accessorised a bit and bought a tan leather belt to tie in the whole outfit. I hope this is casual enough.

I ran out of the store looking at the time on my phone. It read 6:30. Shit! How did I stay that long in the store? I mean really, I went into one store! I called the cab and literally jumped in.

When I got home it was 6:40. I have 20 minutes until Niall comes! I walk right in said a quick hi to my gram and ran straight into my room. I put the outfit together and I put on my mint coloured Classic Vans. I didn't bother with my makeup, I just put mascara on and cover up to cover the unwanted dots on my face. Then I spritzed some perfume. I left my hair natural. With my waves and outfit, I was a show stopper. Actually I don't know what I am, but I looked good.

My heart nearly stopped when I heard the buzzer. I ran to the intercom and spoke into it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, its Niall. You ready?"

_____________________________________________________

The Script just cuz... and Niall cuz he's fucking hot as hell

Follow, vote, read... ya do what you want :P