Chapter 9

“No, not at all. Let me just call and tell Liam.”

“Okey dokey.”

I take my phone out to call Liam. I hope he’s not too angry at me. He picks up on the 3rd ring.

“Hello? Niall?” he said quickly.

“Yea, hi Liam.”

“Where have you been!? Where are you?”

“I’m at Julia’s house; the paps got us closed in. I’m staying the night.”

“I’ll send Paul over there, you can’t stay with her.”

“Why not?”

“Because she’ll ruin your image.”

“How?! Do you not like her?’

“No, I like her but-”

“She’s not a golddigger like Amanda. She’s nothing like her; she’s the complete opposite.” I interrupted.

“Niall, just try to come home.”

“No. Why have you been so cold lately? Is it because Danielle broke up with you? I bet that’s why she did, you were too controlling.” I immediately regretted what I said. “Liam I’m-”

“No, you can stay there, but when our fanbase collapses and management makes us do something stupid to try to regain our fans, don't say I didn’t warn you.” the line went dead.

“Niall? Is everything ok?” it was Julia, she was her PJ’s.

“Yea, you don’t happen to have any clothes that fit me?”

“I know I don’t, but the neighbor might. Her son moved out a long time ago, maybe she has something in your size.” she walked into the foyer  and stood in front of the door, but turned around to face me. “Care to join?” How can I say no?

“Love you.” She had a puzzling look on her face. “I MEANT LOVE TO, NOT LOVE YOU, WELL I LOVE YOU BUT NOT THAT KIND OF LOVE, AT LEAST NOT YET, EH UM, I’LL JUST SHUT UP!” real smooth Niall. I’m such an idiot.

“Um, ok?” she turned back around to open the door and walk out into the dimly lit hallway.  We just took 4 steps and we were already at the door. She lightly knocked on the door four times. I noticed the orange paint peeling from the walls, the carpet was patchy and the colour of forest green. Not my choice of colours. This place seems like a dump, why would anyone want to live here? The door swung open revealing a woman probably in her late 40’s. She was wearing pink hair curlers and blue pajamas. “Hi Mrs. Santana, do you happen to still have some of Trent’s old pajamas for my friend here?” Mrs. Santana looked at me and smiled at Julia.

“Of course. Wait one moment.” just a minute later came back with a neat pile of clothes for me.

“Thank you mam.” I said and turned back to the door.

“He’s Irish too?! You go girl!” She loudly whispered to Julia. She giggled and walked over to where I was and opened the door for us.

“You can get dressed in my room if you like.”

“Ok.” I walked in the room and examined the clothing that Mrs. Santana gave me. She gave me a faded black t-shirt and black & blue plaid pajama pants. I took off my jeans and slipped on the pj pants, then I took off my shirt. I notice some pictures on the dresser. There were a couple of her and this other girl, family photo’s, and  some were her and this older couple. The woman looks just like Julia, this must be her mother and father. The door suddenly opened and Julia walked in. Her eyes grew big when she saw my bare, pale chest and her face grew red.