Faggot

Nico's P.O.V

A crackling sound like fire started in the aforementioned dark of the place under the tile. "Valdez...? Get down here, you faggot!" Someone with a deep yet coarse voice called. The tile shaped hall lit up a bit with a warm glow of something like fire but remained relatively quiet despite the snaps of the flames.

Leo's grin widened and he inhaled through his nose deeply. "God, I've missed the smell of fire," he exhaled with a sigh.

"Smells like dirt. And wood burning, " I remarked quietly. Leo looked over at me with a frown then shrugged, starting to pull up more tiles painfully slowly. I felt my heart sink to my stomach as I heard loud stomping down the halls. I was going to go back to a padded room and they'd take Leo too...

Suddenly, I felt something strange in my stomach. Maybe it was indigestion... But I hadn't eaten in a while.

No, it was...compassion.

I strangely yet truly did care if they took this psychopath back to suffer alone like me. Finally Leo finished and tossed the screwdriver down the hall as a distraction. "Go, go, go!" He whispered yelled, pushing me forward.

"No, I'll die!" I yelled. Loudly.

"Don't be a wimp!" He shoved me down into the darkness and I, for some illogical reason, sucked in a breath and let myself fall face forward. The fall wasn't long but your head hitting hard wood would hurt no matter how long the fall wall.

Gladly, before the pain got to unbearable, my lids became heavy and my head felt like it was being tugged down even though I knew for sure it wasn't since my back was still on the cold floor. I groaned in confusion and let my eyes close...

( I know this chapter is short but I promise the next will be more than 1000 words like the rest of the chapters I write for my stories)