Hair

Nico's P.O.V.

I sat in my cold corner and stared intently on the new splotch of blue paint on the floor. This won't help my case of not being insane but it was entertaining. Being locked up in a room with no one but yourself, silence, white everything, and your thoughts, you take anything you have and it becomes entertaining. Of course, the blue paint wasn't just for my entertainment. It was for people's safety. I became edgy when people come near me. There was 7ft square around me and it was evident and blue so it would be noticed and no one would cross it.

I stopped staring for a second and heard loud footsteps. At first, I was scared because usually when that is heard that means a squad will come in and give me vaccinations or chloroasmatosin. I was terrified of needles and anything generally touching me or coming near me.

The door swung open and a squad came pounding in but making as wide as a berth they could from my square. I noticed they were holding something... someone. They put him down on the floor, also away from my square and stomped out. I looked at the boy, who was sprawled out my floor. He had tan skin and a Latino look to him. He had brown hair that was in his eyes and would probably fall in when he opened them. I wondered what color they would be. Maybe a light brown. Maybe... chocolate brown. I was semi-anxious to find out but I still dwelling on the fact that his hair would be in his eyes. I hate when that happens. Maybe... maybe I could try to move it away.

I slowly started inching toward his unconscious body, trying to slow my breathing. When I was about a foot away, I started to tremble and sweat. The last time I was this close to someone they ended up in Extensive Care. Still... this boy was unconscious and not a threat. I kept inching forward until my fingers were hovering over his forehead. I sucked in a breath and quickly swipped the hair away and let go of the breath. I quickly scrambled back to my spot in the corner. Suddenly, I heard muffled cheering coming from behind my mirror. I didn't understand why I needed a mirror. I knew I looked a hot mess and didn't need to see it. However, it could be one of those 2 way mirrors. That would explain a lot. I always had the feeling I was being watched on first day in here. Then I found some cameras but I knew that wasn't the only source. It was the mirror. How creepy.

I looked down at my fingers. When they brushed against his skin it was warm. It was the only source of warmth I had in a while. He was really  warm, though. It made me wonder if he had a fever. I couldn't do anything about it, anyway. Just like I couldn't even protest against people constantly watching me through a mirror and cameras. I hope that boy who was now, apparently, sharing a room with me could give them a piece of my mind.