New Classes?

'a cannibalistic shark lady lies behind this door of English lit...I don't want to die before lunch?!'

***********************************************************************************************

Ethan slowly opened the door and pushed Caldon in first. He was hoping that the teacher would let his tardiness slide if the new dude took the initial blow. Caldon  was surprised by the initial push and was going to comment on it until he realized he was being watched. He turned around to find a woman in her late 50's staring him down with a sharp glint in her steel blue eyes. She had grey/blonde hair parted down the side that turned up at the ends. It looked like a dated style from the 60s. She was wearing a faded pink sweater and white slacks with pink dress shoes. Her face was stamped in make up that looked similar to a clown. Caldon thought she looked reminiscent to an old pink parrot fish but her narrow eyes hinted that she was more of a predator than anything. Maybe like a pink bull shark? Caldon was torn from his thoughts as Ethan began to speak.

"Hey Ms. Ganach sorry I'm late...I just had to go find Caldon.. the new transfer.... he got a little los----"

"I do not care Mr. Pritchard, that is no excuse for being late to my class.... I am glad to see you have already turned our newest student into a tardy hoodlum like yourself. Seat yourselves immediately before I give you both detention!" She screamed in an airy grated voice. It had a bit of an old southern drawl to it, letting everyone know she was old and from a different time.

Caldon stared at her with wide eyes in fascination until Ethan quickly moved him along  to a pair of seats in the back corner.  Caldon felt safer knowing there was a wall to his back and that nothing could take him from surprise. Ethan let out an audible sigh and turned in his desk to give Caldon a thumbs up.

Not understanding the gesture Caldon tilted his head to the side and gave Ethan a questioning look. He always avoided hand gestures, it seemed that any gesture could come across as naughty anywhere you go. Ethan stifled a laugh and quickly scribbled a note and passed it when the teacher wasn't watching.

'The thumbs up means thanks dude. If you hadn't been here she would have eaten me alive for sure'

Caldon stared back at him in absolute horror. This teacher would have killed him for something as simple as being late?! He made sure to never make eye contact with her and to keep his eyes down.  Today she was talking about the syllabus or something so it didn't matter matter if he paid attention. However she did say something about turning things in 'online' and he did not know what that meant. He made a mental note to ask Ethan later. It appeared that most of this class would be reading which he really didn't mind, but the teacher seemed like the type to over complicate things.

FREAKING RIIIIIINGINGINGINGINGIGNGING

Caldon let out a startled yelp as the bell suddenly rang. People began picking up their things and exiting the room.

"Hey Bro!" Ethan said patting his hand on Caldons shoulder and quickly pushing/leading him out of the room. "Whew that class is such a drag" he said rolling his eyes and scratching his head. " The semester with her is going to be rough, what do you have next man?

Caldon nodded in agreement and peered down at his schedule "It looks like I have Spanish 1 with....." Ethan ripped the paper from his hands and glanced at it. He then slapped him on the back and gave him a cheezy grin "You lucky son of a bitch! You got Ms. Valez!" he said excitedly. Caldon gave him a weird look and decided to let his language pass, after all he had definitely heard worse from the sailors. "What is so good about her?" he asked curiously. Ethan smiled " She is the hottest teacher like ever, she is totally smoking!" Caldon thought too himself ' Why is it good for a teacher to be smoking?' Ethan interrupted him from his thoughts and patted him on the shoulder " Well dude I gotta run to my next class on the 3rd floor, your class is down the hall, 3rd door on the left... See you later Bro!" he said bolting to the stairs as the first bell rang.

Caldon noticed that the people in the halls were beginning to thin so he made his way to the Spanish class. He opened the door to find a very warm colorful room decorated with items from various Spanish speaking countries. A young woman greeted him kindly "Hola, you must be the new transfer!" she said with a warm smile. Caldon nodded and smiled back. She was very pretty. She had warm tan skin and thick dark hair that was bulled back into a simple style. She was wearing a modest blue dress. " So seeing how you are transferring into the second semester you may be a little behind. How much Spanish have you had previously?" she said with a concerned look

"Soy fluido" he said with a smile. She gave him a surprised look "No estaba esperando esto. ¿Dónde aprendiste español?"

"Crecí alrededor de muchos idiomas diferentes" Caldon said with a shrug

"Muy Bien!" she said with a smile "Since you are already familiar with the languages here I will see about clepping those for you. How about for this semester I give you separate cultural readings?"

"That sounds great, thank you very much" Caldon said with a smile. He scanned the class and noticed an empty seat in the back. Just before he reached the desk a mystery hand came out and grabbed his arm.

"Hey cutie I heard that exchange there and was wondering if you could help me with this class, I really struggled with it last year" the mystery guy said with a flirty smile.

"Uh I suppose so" Caldon said with a slight flush to his cheeks. Humans were so touchy. He pulled his arm away and took the seat behind the stranger.

"The name is Grant" he said turning around in his desk to face the newbie. He had curly red hair that was messily topped on his head but somehow still looked good with dark green eyes that seemed to hold a teasing glint to them.

_________________________________________

*I am Fluent

- I was not expecting that, where did you learn to speak spanish?

-I grew up around many different languages

I have learned my lesson. This is now the third time I have written this, wattpad sucks at saving, I am doing it in word now. I picked out a picture cast for this but I haven't figured out how to post it. ANy help would be appreciated.

Tell me what you think ;)