Gym is Chyribdis

Whatever preconceived fluffy thoughts Caldon held about this "Gym Class" were soon destroyed upon entry into the Gymnasium

Whatever preconceived fluffy thoughts Caldon held about this "Gym Class" were soon destroyed upon entry into the Gymnasium. One could smell the putrid scent of body odor mixed with.... rubber? and blood.... definitely blood.

"Welcome to Hell buddy" Brianna said forlornly patting him on the back as she passed by him to head to the women's locker rooms. Looking lost Caldon stood around until a harsh male voice screamed out  "What are you standing around for, are you Stupid or something?!"

Caldon jumped  and looked upon the beast of a man who the voice belonged too.  This man was pure.....something. His body, hidden by a white tank top and track shorts that looked reminiscent to someone who was once incredibly active, and probably on roids. His sweaty head was balding and glistening with sweat and anger veins, while the rest of his hair could clearly be seen on the rest of his body. His face was red and veiny and he probably had very high blood pressure. Caldon thought he looked like a Alpha Walrus fighting for his harem.  

Lost in thought Caldon flinched as he cleared his throat ready to scream again."I am sorry Sir, I don't understand" he blurted out quickly. Luckily Brianna ran back over to try and clear up the misunderstanding

"Coach Richard, Caldon is a foreign exchange student! He probably doesn't have Gym clothes yet....

The coach ruffled his blubber and his words died in his mouth. You could almost see the thoughts cranking in his head through those veins.  Caldon watched in both awe and fear, awaiting the response he was cranking up.

The coach smirked to himself  " Well it's not my problem if those hoity toydy school officials don't tell him how to dress, You ain't getting out of this one kid, head to the bleachers NOW!" For emphasis he blew his whistle.  Caldon quickly ran the farthest away he could get from the coach but in the direction he pointed. 

Settling on the bleachers Caldon decided to grab a swig of his special water. Taking a couple rather large gulp, he though to himself 'Why are they called bleachers if they are shiny and metallic, why not just mettlers.... humans are odd'.

After a few minutes people started to shuffle out of the locker rooms and onto the bleachers. Some people actually seemed excited to be here. Caldon could see a clear divide in the students. The ones who wanted to be there sat in the middle, and those who didn't sat in the back. The latter stiffened as the coach blew his stupid whistle. 

"Alright you brats, three laps around the track. The first half to finish will be on team one, the latter on team two. We are playing dodge-ball so I suggest you hurry" the walrus said with a sneer. Caldon looked confused until Brianna began to drag him to the track.

"Boy he must be angry about something, he only picks  dodge ball when he is in a bad mood." Brianna stated forlornly. "I'll stick by you so we will be on the same team" she said with a smile. Before Caldon could ask a question, the whistle was blown causing pandemonium to break loose. Some people broke out in a sprint pushing others out of there way. Caldon stuck to the back of the group. He followed those in front of him and immediately realized that this would be tough. 

Running felt incredibly awkward. His legs were very unsteady and he felt completely off balance. His lungs began to burn immediately and he felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. It was made worse when he realized that he was only 1/3 of the way through.

"This... is... torture" he said through jagged breaths. Brianna smiled sympathetically. It must be hard for him to run outside in jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt.

She kept her pace with his until the end. She could tell that he was struggling. People were lapping them, some with snide comments. They ended up finishing last. When they finished, Caldon fell onto his knees trying to catch his breath, he was gagging slightly. She placed her hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him. The coach wobbled up to him and blew that horrible whistle "Come on newby its time to play dodge ball" The coach said with a sneer.

Caldon was not prepared for what happened next. The game was already in the making and the first team already grabbed all of the balls. Brianna helped Caldon stand up and steady himself. " Caldon, listen to me, the other team takes this game too seriously. Do not bother trying to catch the balls, just dodge. Try not to make eye contact with any of them... they take it as a challenge" she gave him a pat on the shoulder for assurance  as the whistle blew, signalling the start of the game.

 He has never felt more pitiful and powerless in his life. This is torture, and he would not wish it on his enemies. The smell of testosterone and fear was staining the air. The balls were flying past at an alarming speed. The sound that they made if they missed was terrifying, it was like an explosion, and the large echoing gymnasium  did not help with this. Screams of pain could be heard from one side as the other cheered in victory. One voice could be heard above all the others. It was Thomas Dunkin, one of the starters for the Lacross team"

"Save the newb for last, we should give him a special indoctrination" some cruel chuckles could be heard as a response.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well guys, I lied. Mystery guy will make an appearance in the next chapter! Which is already half way done :D. Sorry for the hiatus but I will make it up too you! Check out my other story if you have the time. It will be slightly more mature in content, but the first chapter is clean! Brianna and Ian are pictured on the top :D

Look up Chyribdis and you will understand why I used it lol