Uncertain Lunch

"The name is Grant"

**************************************************************************************

Caldon blushed and turned his eyes down in response. This individual was attractive even by the standards set in his culture. Caldon always wished he had the mischievous eyes that were so sought after by the nymphs. " I am C---" he was interrupted by the teacher before he could finish. Grant quickly turned his eyes to the front as to not face her subdued wrath.

"Class, we have a new student joining our class today. His name is Caldon and he is fluent in Spanish. Treat him nicely and maybe he will help you with your class discussions" Ms. Valez said with a musical lilt to her voice and a smile standing at the front of the class. Many classmates turned to acknowledge the new student some offering a friendly smile while others just glanced in disinterest. Caldon gave a sheepish smile and slunk down in his seat. He was never one to enjoy too much attention.

Feeling his skin dry from his nerves he quickly brought out his abnormally large water bottle and took a huge swig. Grant turned and watched him with mild interest, an eyebrow quirked on his impish face. He turned back around as the teacher demanded attention to the front. Caldon noticed that the students in this class responded quite quickly to her demands. He wondered if there was a reason for this. The class carried on without incident until the bell decided to make itself know. This time Caldon did not spazz as much, he was beginning to grow used to this awful sound. It reminded him of what those jet-skis sound like from under water. He was disturbed from his thoughts from someone talking.

"So Cal" Grant said taking a rather forward tone of familiarity "Do you have any plans for lunch?" he said guiding the new student out of the room. Caldon was slightly bothered by his tone of familiarity but he just assumed it was a human trait. In the hallway there were throngs of students reveling in their quick reprieve from classes. "Well... uh" Caldon actually hadn't planned for lunch, he did not really know what to expect from this school (and before you ask, yes mermaids eat lunch, it's a staple for the day). Before he could answer a familiar hand grabbed his shoulder and did that bro-pat that people are familiar with. "Hey dude! So what did you think of Ms. Valez? Isn't she a total babe" Ethan said looking down at him and patting his shoulder. He paid no mind to the red head.

Grant cleared his throat narrowing his eyes at the 'intruder'. "Hello Ethan" he said with a notch of annoyance in his voice "Cal here was just about to come and join me for lunch.... Isn't that right Cal?" he said with a forward smile directed at Caldon. It looked as though there wasn't much room for argument. "Umm certainly?" he said sending a questioning or uncertain look to Ethan. Ethan just shrugged in response "uh then I guess I will catch you later then dude". He gave the kid an apologetic smile and walked off to join some fellow bros in an animated conversation.

Grant smiled in a triumphant sort of way and started to lead Caldon off in a random direction, by grabbing his hand off course. Caldon jumped at the skin to skin contact, he was very thankful that Grant was not paying that much attention or else he could have noticed the nymphs slightly webbed fingers. It can be hard to control a form when nervous. Grant was pulling him with the tide of students heading towards the cafeteria. Not much was said during the short walk. Caldon took this time to merely observe the human masses. It always enthralled him to analyze this race. They seemed to be reconnecting after a rather long break. Grant disturbed him out of thought by drawing his attention to a board that had a list of the food that was being served today. "So Cal what will it be" Caldon looked at the list and realized he was not familiar with anything on it "Ummm I am not quite sure" he said scratching his head. Seeing the newbie in distress Grant made an executive decision. "Why don't we both just get the pizza and tater tots" he said walking forward in line and up to the platform where the school workers dish out the food. " That sounds  fine" Caldon said not really knowing what any of that was but just wanting to seem in the know.  He followed Grant through the line and paid with the money his mother gave him earlier. While following Grant he looked down at this tray of 'food'. There was a weird square thing that was covered in a tomato paste, with some crusty cheese on it, next to it were what looked to be fried cylinders that also seemed to be a little off kilter. Caldon felt the first pang in his heart of home sickness while looking at this pitiful meal (good old american school lunch). He wished it was steamed kelp with fresh reef fish.

Grant guided the preoccupied newbie towards his table. It was in the middle of the lunch room and gave his group a lovely vantage point of all the students in the cafeteria. He guided Caldon to the seat next to him. " Oooooh looks like the rumors about the new kid were true! He is such a total hottie!" This startled Caldon out of his food reverie. He sheepishly looked around at the kids at the table.  " Ummm I am sorry, I did not realize I was acting odd, I will try to not be a hottie" he said looking at the brunet who spoke. She appeared to be very bubbly and very pretty, but she hid it under so much make up. The group  paused for a moment and laughed. "Cute and funny..... I see why Grant took such a liking to you" said a blonde girl in a sultry voice as she pushed her cleavage up a little, giving Caldon a great view. Caldon was unfazed as the female form was nothing new to him. "Back off Keri, I already called dibs".  A couple other people began to sit down and join in on the conversation. Caldons mind was reeling at the overload of information and attention he was receiving. He heard someone behind him mutter something along the lines of "Just what we need, another popular fag".

The chatter continued as the cafeteria started to fill up with more students. People were looking at him and trying to talk with him, but the stimulus in the room was becoming too much. People kept on touching him and then raising their voices. He could feel his skin drying and his heart beat picking up rapidly. His eyes were darting back and forth trying to find a solution but there was none, he was surrounded by tons of people. He was about to have a complete panic attack until he heard a familiar voice and felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay there dude? Lets go outside and get you some air". Ethan rarely sat in the cafeteria but he felt like he should keep an eye on Caldon... especially with Grant around him. That poor kid was scooped up by a rough crowd. He could see that he was freaking out, but the group was too oblivious to notice it.

"Ewww loser.. What do you think you are doing here?" sad the brunet from earlier. Ethan was helping Caldon up. "Just helping my man here, seems like he needed it" he said in his usual lilt, but there was a very pointed look in his eyes. Grant stood up and put his hand on Caldon's shoulder. "I think he is fine where he is". It was at that moment when Caldons nerves couldn't take it any more. The cafeteria grew quiet and all eyes were on them. It was too much for him, so he did what any other overwhelmed teenager would do. He vomited all over Grant's chest and proceeded to pass out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah. theres that chapter. Sorry for my late update time, but thank you all so much for the support. If you would like to see anything happen in this story or you have any ideas, feel free to message me. The pic above is of Grant.

Also, speaking of vomit. Fun Fact: If you are sick on a boat, throw up where people are fishing, it is great chum for the water and lures fish.