Chapter Teaser

"ÁSTIN" his fathered screamed out. He ran to the entry way only to see his mother collapsed in the door way covered in blood.  

________________________________________________________________________________

A chill ran through Caldon's body at the sound of his fathers yell. He had never heard such pain in desperation in anyone's voice. His father was kneeling at the floor holding his mother tightly in his arms. She was still breathing, but it was labored. Her body was still mid-shift, as if she hadn't had time to complete the transformation before she got out of the water. That meant the danger was still close.

"Fá Elixir soninn!"

Caldon was shocked out of his thoughts by his fathers yell. He ran into the kitchen and searched the cabinets until he found her first aid kit. She was always prepared. There was a particular satchel he had to grab, it was made from sheepskin and held an elixir that was only to be used for emergency's. He found it in the very back and quickly ran back to the entry way, almost slipping in the process.

"Give it here!" his father said grabbing the satchel out of his sons hands. He cut a slit into the side allowing a glowing green liquid to flow out  and passed his wife's lips. They waited minutes in silence until her body visibly relaxed, her breathing now even. 

His father stood up with his wife in his arms. 

"Whatever did this to her is still in the area.....we are in no position to defend ourselves. You need to gather your things....call Ethan.... and stay with him. You are too young to be tracked.... I am taking your mother inland now."

He said sternly, his eyes still narrowed, his gills flared in a protective stance. His mate almost died on the door step and there was nothing he could do at the moment. This was a position no warrior ever wanted to be in, but his family came before his pride. Caldon had never seen his mother look so small than the way she did in his fathers arms. His father opened the door and quickly made his way into the old car, his wife carefully laid in the back seat. He took off, heading as far away from the ocean as he could to protect his loved ones.

Caldon stood in the doorway, watching the figure of the car disappear into the night.

___________________________________________________________________________

Finished my first semester of Graduate school and went through a lovely break up. I AM BACK and shit is about to get lit.