Chapter 16

As Ailis descended the stairs, she could see the women doing all that they could not to allow Monolo's followers to ascend to the second level. When they saw her coming they parted so she could pass. When she came to the bottom she turned and nodded to them and they closed their ranks.

There were ten vampires in a Semi circle around them. They laughed at her. "Awe..." One of them taunted. "The little witch thinks she can help." They all had sarcastic expressions on their faces except the young vampire on the end who kept sliding looks sideways at the vamps taunting her as if the were crazy. Ailis could tell he didn't really believe they could be trying to taunt her. She invaded his mind to find out what he believed. These guys are idiots. She heard the vamp think to him self. Monolo is a psycho for thinking he can beat this Queen. Ailis heard him wondering what the hell he'd gotten himself into.

Ailis smiled at them and began to speak to the room. Everyone stopped in their tracks at the first sound of her voice. It boomed throughout the compound. Kenneth and Monolo stopped and stared at her as well. Kenneth could barley catch his breath and he had lost a lot of blood.

"One chance" She said. "I will give you one chance to get out." Her entire body was glowing. She was nearly levitating off the floor. Kenneth stared awe struck and quite proud of his little witch. He could feel the power vibrating through the room. The men directly in front of her started to laugh at her. Except the one on the end who had started openly staring at them like they were nuts. Kenneth shook his head. Are they stupid? They should just shut up, while they still can.

"We are going to enjoy playing with you." One said as he stepped forward. Ailis raised one eyebrow along with her hand and all of them but the one on the end instantly turned to ash. Kenneth could tell now that Ailis was not alone in there. He could see no sign of remorse for her actions. She was all Goddess now. He just hoped that when this was all over the Ailis he had grown to love so deeply was still in there somewhere.

"Now" She said addressing the room again. "Get out!" She bellowed. The whole house began to shake and things began to fly around. Most of Monolo's men took the hint and transferred themselves out. Only Monolo stayed.

He ticked his tongue at her shaking his head. "Ailis" he said. "I don't see why you fight this. We are meant to work together. It is how she wants it. Can't you see?" He finished. He started to step closer but Kenneth stepped in front of him.

"If you want to live," Kenneth warned. "I suggest you do as the lady says."

"She won't kill me." Monolo retorted. "She won't want to ruin her only chance to fix this."

Ailis looked down at him. "Who are you?" She asked.

"I wouldn't worry about who I am." Monolo answered. "I would be more worried about that lovely daughter...."

Kenneth cut him off mid sentence by lunging at him. His energy was fueled by pure rage. They were killing each other and he was fine by that as long as he took the bastard with him. Ailis saw from somewhere inside herself that Kenneth had lunged at Monolo. She knew that he would fight to his last breath. She was tired scared and angry. She could feel her control slipping. She knew that in seconds she would lose it completely and the vengeance of the Goddess would take her over as it had Morgaine.

Kenneth felt power vibrate thought the room and knew Ailis was past control. He sent a mental warning for all vampires in the vicinity of the house to get out. This was going to be bad and he knew it. Monolo stopped and for the first time looked like he may be worried.

"Ailis" He said. "You have to come with me. We are supposed to work together. That is the way Morgaine wants it."

"Even if that is so," Her voice sounded through out the room. "I believe you are going about this the wrong way. Don't test me Monolo." She stated. "I have more power than you do. I suggest you leave and think long and hard about what you have done over the years." She went on. "I don't know what you have to do with any of this, but I have the feeling we are suppose to be working together. I think it is you who have been mistaking as to what end this journey is supposed to have. You are right I don't want to kill you. I want to help you. But know that if you give me no choice, I will wipe you from existence, weather Morgaine likes it or not." She finished.