Chapter Four: Feelings Arise

On the way to school, (Y/N) was listening to some music using her ear piece, and the one currently playing was "Sugar" by Maroon 5.

Sugar. Yes please. Won't you come and put it down on me? 'Cause right here, I need, a little bit of sympathy.

Suddenly, she noticed a dark shadow casted upon her head.

Is it going to rain? she thought, looking up.

Nope. It was not a rain cloud.

It was the Flying Nimbus.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Gohan said with a bright smile, "Wanna take a ride to school?"

"Sure," she answered.

After Gohan lowered the Flying Nimbus, she tried to board it, but the Flying Nimbus would not let her sit on it.

Great. Now Gohan would ask me to tell him what I'm hiding, she thought.

Gohan knew (Y/N) was hiding something but wanted to respect her wishes for keeping it a secret. However, the only other mode of transport that he knew was flying. Slowly, he got off the Flying Nimbus and suggested, "Why don't I fly you to school?"

"You... you can... fly?!" (Y/N) said.

"Yeah," he answered, "So are you coming?"

"Yeah," she answered.

He picked her up bridal style before rising into the sky. She got a little scared at first and held onto him tightly, but felt much better after reminding herself mentally that he was there with her. Usually, she would never let any boy lay a finger on her, but she made an exception for this case.

At that moment, he noticed she was listening to something using her ear piece.

"What are you listening to?" he asked.

"Blank Space," she answered, "Here."

She placed one of the ear piece into Gohan's right ear.

The chorus was playing.

So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in flames. You can tell me when it's over, or if the high was worth the pain. Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane. 'Cause you know I love the players, and you love the game. 'Cause we're young we're reckless, we're gonna take this way too far. It will leave you breathless, or with a nasty scar. Got a long list of ex-lovers, they'll tell you I'm insane. But I got a blank space baby, and I'll write your name.

"Not bad, eh?" she asked, "It's by Taylor Swift."

"It was okay," he answered.

***

After a while, Gohan managed to reach the school and said, "We're here."

He landed smoothly and let go of (Y/N). Quickly, she stuffed her phone and ear pieces into her bag.

"Come on," he said, "We're gonna be late for English!"

"Wait for me!" she said as she chased after him to class.

***

"Class, your first assignment today is to write a poem in pairs," the teacher, Mr Roberts, said, "I'll let you do choose your partners, but if I see any of you give me horrible results, I would have to do the oairing myself."

Gohan and (Y/N) immediately looked at each other happily.

"Please get into pairs now, then get a piece of paper and start working," Mr Roberts said, "You have one hour for now, but you can continue your work after school."