Frank, the idiot he is...

"So what exactly are you going to do with this thing?" Frank questioned as the pair pulled into Gerard's driveway.

"I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably look her over a bit better and see if a splint will be good enough for her leg. I just don't want to leave her alone with strangers that probably couldn't give less of a shit, you know?" The red head exclaimed before reaching across his car and taking Isabel from Frank's lap. "Oh, by the way, my brother is really pissed off at me, so just ignore him and go to my room while I calm him down a bit, alright?"

"Uh, sure? Why is he pissed at you?" Frank asked, removing his seatbelt and pushing his door open.

"I didn't tell him where I went last night, and he's upset because we always tell each other everything. Nothing too major, just Mikey being Mikey." Gerard shrugged, regretting coming home so quickly without a half decent fake story.

"Oh, well where did you go last night? It had to have been somewhere Mikey wouldn't want you to go, or else you would've told him..." Frank trailed off, curious as to where Gee could have possibly gone.

"Yeah, Mikey wouldn't exactly approve... Can I tell him I stayed the night at your house?" Gerard asked, suddenly coming up with a well thought out fake story in his mind.

"I guess, but you have to tell me where you really went." Frank stated sternly.

"Yeah, I'll tell you once we're in my room if you want." The red head nodded, making his way towards the door and quietly stepping inside with Frank in tow. "Ok, my mom's not home and I think Mikey's asleep, so-"

"I'm not fucking sleeping you twat." Mikey snapped, suddenly rounding the corner and leaning against the wall.

"Oh... Hey, Mikes. You remember Frank, right?" Gerard gestured toward Frank as the shorter of the two gave a small wave before disappearing in the direction of Gerard's bedroom. "And, uh, this," he glanced down once again at the small rodent he held, "is Isabel."

"Gerard... Nothing is ever simple with you, is it?" Mikey pinched the bridge of his nose, wondering how the fuck Gerard had managed to find and take a chipmunk from somewhere. "Just... Just tell me where you went last night..."

"I went to Franks house. I needed someone other than you to talk to, as you were busy with Pete, and he's pretty much my only friend. I didn't text you back because Frank, the idiot that he is, managed to chuck my phone onto his roof. It got dark and we couldn't find it, so we got it this morning before going to Waffle House." Gerard smiled, pleased with his big pile of utter bullshit.

"Why, why would he throw your phone onto the roof, Gerard?"

"Beats me, but hey, I have it back now, so..." Gerard trailed off, edging towards the hallway outside his room.

"Ok, ok, now, why do you have the rat thing?" Mikey asked, stepping closer in an attempt to see Isabel.

"First of all, she's a chipmunk, and her name is Isabel. Second of all, after we ate, me and Frank went on a walk and saved her from being eaten by a hawk. You should be proud of me, I'm like a fucking chipmunk hero or some shit." Gerard exclaimed, walking into his room and closing the goddamn door behind him.

"You honestly think he'll believe that I threw your phone on the roof?" Frank asked after a moment of silence.

"Eh, it's believable enough. Besides, I think he's glad I'm home and not dead." Gerard shrugged, examining Isabel's leg before deciding that he would, in fact, need to take her to a proper vet.

"Ok, fair enough. So, where did you really go?" Frank asked, toying with the small ring through his lip.

"Oh... I went to my friend Brian's house and got wasted on devil vodka... It's pretty good shit, you should try it one day." Gerard muttered, not bothering to look up from the rodent on his desk.

"Bullshit, tell me what you actually did." Frank replied all too casually.

"I told you, that's where I went." The red head stated before looking up to meet Franks hard gaze and regretting it immediately.

"I know, and I said bullshit. We both know you didn't drink last night. If you had, I would've smelled it. And if it was devils vodka, you would definitely have a hangover. I'm not going to judge you, so just tell me the truth." Frank snapped, his voice and expression unchanging.

"Fuck, fine. I went to my boyfriends house. Mikey really hates him, and I don't want him to know that I went over there or that he's my boyfriend." Gerard sighed, still looking at his lap, not noticing how Frank Iero's face dropped the second he said 'boyfriend',

"Oh," Frank whispered, a nearly unnoticeable frown etched on his lips, "you should've just said that in the first place. I, uh, I have to go now though. My mom is probably worried..." And with that, Frank ran from the room, hiding his face and the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes.

Gerard tried stopping him, but he was out the door before Gerard could even ask why he was suddenly worried, or how he would get home without someone driving him.

He believed Frank would call his mother to get him, but he didn't know that Frank had simply run to the nearest clearing- a graveyard, and sank to his knees, crying over the boy who he barely knew, and hardly understood.

***

So sorry for the long wait, I'll try my best to stay on top of writing.

You can probably expect another chapter later next week, as this weekend I am all booked up with halloween and a wedding and shit so yeah.

I love you all,

Merci pour le Venin...