Guilt Tripping

It had been just over a week.

Gerard hadn't spoken a single word. Not to his mother, not to Frank, not to Mikey, and not to Bert.

He stayed in his room- with the exception of going to school, that is. He didn't eat, and he brought a single water bottle up to his room each day.

Frank had tried talking to him, but it didn't work. Gerard even stopped driving him to school. He walked with Mikey, Gerard having left in the hours prior as to not face any unnecessary interaction.

Bert saw Gerard at school, but ignored him for the most part- aside from him occasionally pulling Gerard aside and forcefully groping him. Gerard let him. After all, relationships were about making your partner happy, right?

It was a Friday afternoon, and Gerard was laying in his bed on his side- facing away from his window. Away from the world around him.

He stayed there for a few hours, remaining completely still. His breathing was shallow, but present, and as much as he tried, he couldn't push away the stray thought in the back of his mind that begged him to stop that simple action.

He allowed his mind to run blank yet again, as it had been for days prior, but the sound of steady footsteps approaching his room made that rather difficult.

He squeezed his eyes shit as he heard his door open and Frank's tentative voice whisper, "Gerard?" He didn't respond of course, but he opened his eyes and allowed Frank to know he was welcome. "I know you won't answer me, but we've gotta talk. I need to know what happened to you, because..." He trailed off. Gerard narrowed his eyes, knowing this would not be going in a direction he favored. "Because I think you need to go to the doctor- maybe a therapist or something. I'm really worried, and so is Mikey and your mom. We think it'd be for the best, especially since you've completely stopped talking and interacting with everyone." He glanced at Gerard, expecting some response, but he was met with a blank face yet again, "I also need information because I need to know if I should try to turn Bert into the police."

Gerard paled. He couldn't do that... But- it would fix everything. If Bert went to jail. Bert hadn't done anything wrong though, it was just rough sex. Sure, it had hurt, and it had left marks, and Bert had hit him in the past, but no one could go to jail over it, could they? He sat up slightly, sending Frank a puzzling look.

"It's an abusive relationship, regardless of how you see it. Believe it or not, the victim in relationships like those doesn't even realize it until after the fact. I believe that's the case here, and I won't think otherwise unless you talk to me, or communicate with me in some way. Please, just let me help you. I care about you, Gerard." And he did care. He cared about Gerard a lot. No one deserved to be placed in a situation like that, especially not Gerard.

Gerard sat up, ideas flooding through his head. Bert couldn't really be sent to jail, could he? No... And even if he was, he would find Gerard once he got out. It simply wasn't feasible. He glanced in Frank's direction before slowly shaking his head.

"Fine. Don't talk to me then. I thought we were friends, Gerard. Friends talk to each other, friends help each other, friends let the other one know when something is really wrong, ok? This is me trying to do those things. This is me trying to talk to you, and getting nothing in response. This is me trying to help you, and getting nothing in response. This is me letting you know that there is something really fucking wrong here! And you won't fucking listen to me!" Frank shouted at Gerard, hoping to maybe get him to say something, but he didn't. He couldn't.

"Fucking fine- be this way. Just know that I'm not just going to sit on my ass while you're letting yourself be put through what can only be described as hell, for some unknown fucking reason. I didn't want it to have to come to this, but we scheduled an appointment for you at the therapist down the road. It's at three, and you're going." And with that, Frank disappeared out of the room, leaving Gerard alone yet again.