Please Don't..

"I'm waiting.." Tara impatiently tapped her foot on the floor.

"I told you he was performing the Heimlich maneuver incorrectly." I lie again.

Tara glares at me. "I'm being serious. How did this happen? Tell me everything!" She exclaims, jumping on my bed.

"So.. Are you guys a thing now?" She asks, after I finish explaining what has transpired between Jerrek and I.

"No. We can't. I mean isn't it weird that you dated him? Besides my brother would have a conniption." I respond.

"Oh sweetie. Jerrek and I haven't been together in forever. We have absolutely no feelings for each other, in that way. Now Jared, is another story. I'm sure he'll come around eventually." She says, giving me a warm smile.

"Have you met my brother? He never liked me dating before. He'd never approve of me dating his bestfriend! Besides what happened between Jerrek and I, didn't mean anything." I shrugged.

"Whatever you say." Tara smirked.

-----

"Okay class. I reviewed everyone's pieces and I have to say.. I'm genuinely impressed." Mrs. Philips said taking a seat on top of her oversized desk.

The immature guys in the class were smirking and trying to sneak a peek between her legs. I only say that because Mrs. Philips is actually an attractive lady and currently sitting on top of her desk in a skirt. Of course these scoundrels would check her out.

"The other instructors and headmaster will be judging today. Tomorrow you'll know the results. Good luck to you all and enjoy the rest of your day." She said, as the class came to an end.

"I don't know about you.. But I am beyond excited and freaking out! I mean this chance is incredible and a once in a lifetime opportunity!" I exclaimed to Tara.

"Calm your tits chicka! I saw your work. Your beyond talented. You just have to believe it." She shoulder bumped me. "See you later! I got a date."

I watched Tara walk away. She is right. I have to believe that all my hard work wasn't for nothing. I walked through the school door and was met with the cool winter air.

"Alaina!" I turned towards the voice calling my name.

"Hey Collin!" I call out.

As he jogs up to me I can't help but freak out. I shouldn't feel guilty for what happened with Jerrek. It was one date. Collin and I aren't together but I still feel kinda guilty about it making out with Jerrek.

"Hey there stranger. How've you been?" He asks.

"Kinda nervous actually. All I could think about is if my work is good enough to be featured in fashion week. How've you been?" I reply.

"Trust me. I've seen your entry. They'd have to be blind not to choose you. I've been good, thanks." Collin grins.

"Wait. How did you see my work? Only the judges are able to see the entries." I question.

"The headmaster is my God parent. I went to his office to relay a message from my parents and I overheard the instructors talking about your work. From what I heard, they really liked it." He smiles.

I couldn't help but smile back. I really hope I'm picked. I saw Jared and Jerrek standing by the car watching me like a hawk. This just got awkward.

"There's my ride. I'll see you around Collin." I turned to leave when Collin caught my wrist.

"Would you like to go out tomorrow night?" He asks. "This time just the two of us? I did tell you I'd take you out in my car. Your dream car." He smiles.

I smile back. I can't help it, his smile is contagious! "Sure. Why not?" I turn and walk away to two impatient boys.

It's not like Jerrek and I are together. To be honest, I don't know what we are. I hop in the backseat of Jerrek's car and he wasted no time driving off.

"So is that guy Cory your boyfriend now?" Jared asks.

I immediately look to Jerrek and see him visibly tense at the question.

"No, Collin is not my boyfriend. We do have a date for tomorrow." I shrug.

Jerrek's eyes find me in the rearview mirror. It took all the strength I had to look away. I stared out the window the rest of the ride home.

-----

Dinner was pretty normal. Jared made lasagna and we watched the football game, then said our goodnights. I was changing into my pajamas when Jerrek walked in. What is it with this guy always walking in when I'm in the middle of changing!

"So your really going on a date with Collin again?" He asks, after making sure the door was closed.

"Yes, tomorrow night. Why?" I questioned.

"What about us? I thought we had something." Jerrek takes a seat on my bed.

I sigh. "We don't even know what this is." I gesture my hand at the two of us. "We kiss. We make out. I'm not into the whole friends with benefits Jerrek."

"I like you Alaina. I want to be with you. I just don't think your brother would agree with this." He takes my hand in his.

"Exactly. It always comes back to my brother. What is the point in sharing kisses and whatever this is if my brother would never approve?" I shake my head, pulling my hand away.

"I mean it. I want to be with you. Just give me a chance. I don't want to ruin my friendship with your brother. He's my best friend." He stands up and begins pacing the floor. "We could date, secretly. At least get to know each other more and if it's real, we tell him." He looks at me hopefully.

"I don't want to be a secret Jerrek. I don't want to lie to my brother." I stand up and turn the doorknob, ready to ask him to leave.

"Please don't.." Jerrek places his hand on mine. He stares into my eyes before kissing me with so much passion.

I never believed when people would say their legs turned to jello. But right here, in this moment, that is exactly how I feel. Jerrek and I kissed each other as if our lives depended on it.

"Please.. Just for now.. Be mine.. We can tell your brother.. When we are sure it'll work out between us." Jerrek says breathlessly.

"Okay.."