She Needs Space.

The song is I Still Love You by Josh Jenkins.

Jerrek's POV

"This is why I told you not to get involved with my sister. I didn't want her to get hurt." Jared chastises me.

I put my head in my hands. "I know bro. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt her. I'm so sorry.."

He sits on the couch next to me. "Look as much as I want to pound your face in again for hurting her. I know you didn't mean to. The question is what are you going to do about it?"

I lift my head up and look at him. "She needs space. I'm giving her that. I just hope she still wants to be with me. I swear I could kill Courtney! Everyone knows I love Alaina. I can't lose her."

Riiing Riiiing

Jared's phone goes off. He pulls it out of his pocket and answers. "Hello? Where? I'm on my way!" I hear the urgency in his voice.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. 

"It's Alaina. There was a hit and run. I need to go." Jared started walking to the elevator.

"I'm coming too." I followed behind him.

Please be okay. I love you Alaina. I refuse to lose you. 

Jared sped through the streets, running three red lights in the process. Its a miracle that we weren't stopped by police officials. We pulled into the first parking we found. I jumped out of the car before Jared could turn of the ignition. I ran to the doors with Jared hot on my tail. 

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked flashing both of us a flirtatious smile.

"My sister Alaina was brought in for a hit and run." Jared stated. 

"Oh yes. The doctor is with her now. Please take a seat and I'll be sure to let him know where to find you." She smiled a little sadly. 

That was not comforting. Please let her be okay. Jared and I took a seat in the corner of the waiting room. My head would snap to the doors leading to where I assumed Alaina was being seen, whenever the double doors would open. 

"I'm going to kill whoever hit her! How could someone just hit a person and drive away? I know who.. Cold hearted fucking people." Jared was ranting. 

I left Jared to rant while I called his parents to let them know about the accident. I know Jared would have but he was seething. I wanted to do what I could to help. Besides it was a welcomed distraction from all the thoughts running through my head. Jared and I have been taking turns asking the receptionist about Alaina but they would always reply with the same answer. The doctor will be out to inform you and that they are doing everything they can. 

Alaina and Jared's parents showed up to the hospital two hours after my call to inform them. Tara was here as well. We were all anxiously waiting around for the doctor to come out. We all wanted, no, needed to know what was going on. After hours and hours of waiting and impatience finally someone came out to tell us information. 

"Family of Alaina." A man in a white coat came out. I assumed it was the doctor. 

"I'm her brother." Jared stood up. 

I stoop up with him. The doctor looked at me questioningly. I'm guessing Jared noticed it as well.

"This is her boyfriend." Jared stated. 

"We are her parents." Jared's mom joined us, standing beside her husband.

The doctor nodded, looking at my parents. "I'm Doctor Thompson. Your daughter was in critical condition. She was struck pretty badly. She's got two broken ribs, some bumps and bruises. We were able to perform surgery for the internal bleeding we found. We aren't quite sure how extensive the bleeding is. There are still tests we need to perform to evaluate the bleeding. Afterwards we will see if she needs more surgeries. However, your daughter is stable."