1976 Part 1

Harry POV
Harry found himself lying on the ground. Was he in the forbidden forest?

He could not remember what had happened the previous day so maybe he had gone back to Hogwarts for some or the other reason? But he felt too tired to get up. So he closed his eyes.
On recovering consciousness he found himself lying on a soft bed.

'Care to explain?' said a familiar voice.

'Dumbledore! But you are dead, aren't you? Harry blurted out.

'I am very much alive and pleased to know that you recognise me but am upset that you want me dead' the old man chuckled. Was he old..? He seemed younger.

'But you don't recognize me? It's me harry.. '
'No I am sorry I don't.'
'Uh what year is it, sir? Asked harry because Dumbledore was looking slightly younger.
As if to confirm his worst suspicions Dumbledore replied '1976'

Harry had a split moment to think whether to tell the truth or lie. But this was Dumbledore.. all lies would eventually reveal themselves..

'I am from 1997 the future and quite close to you' harry said trying to keep his voice calm.

'Prove it. You could be a death eater in disguise.' Dumbledore challenged.

'Your brother is Aberforth and sister is Ariana and mother is Kendra both of them dead. Ariana died in a fight of you, aberforth and grindelwald. You are the founder of the first and second order of the phoenix.'

Dumbledore didn't appear dumbfounded though his blue eyes were the more than usual.

'I believe you. Just answer one question. Is Voldemort still active in your time?
'No he was defeated two weeks ago after his second rise.'
'Who defeated him?'
'Me with the help of my friends'

Dumbledores eyes widened'Who told you about the horcruxes?'
'You, well kind of. Me and my friends tracked them down.'

'Who are your parents?'
'Lily Evans and James Potter'
'I knew it. You are just like your father but you have got your mother's eyes'
'Yeah, I have heard that a lot'

'I forbid you to share any more future happenings since future can be altered'
'You can attend as a seventh year transfer student if you want or be arrested by the ministry as a death eater.'

'For now but please find a way for me to go back to my time.'
'I will try my best' smiled Dumbledore.

When he went out it was dark outside and he saw the shadowy outline of two people argueing amongst each other. As he approached closely he heard them -

'Don't ever try to make a move on me again'
'I won't Evans. I promise. Please forgive me now. Pleeassee !'

The boy looked exactly similar to harry leaving the eyes. While the girls eyes matched Harry's.
With a start he realized his mom and dad were argueing.

The height of awkward surpassed when harry decided to stop the argument.
'Never in my life, potter' Lily raged on.
'Cut it off,guys ' said harry before Lily could say another word.
'Two Potter's?' she asked confused.
'Who is this imposter ?' snarled James.

'Uh - I'm Harry - Harry Granger transfer student in seventh year' harry said because Potter or weasley wouldn't suffice.

'Oh sorry buddy I thought you were a death eater. Gotta be careful nowadays. I am James - James Potter.'

'A-and I am L-lily E-evans.' Stammered Lily.
'You are in gryffindor Granger?
'Yeah'
'Cool me too. Come I will introduce you to my friends. Bye Evans take care.'

'I don't need your advice, potter'huffed Lily and stormed off.

'What did you do to her?'
'Asked her for a date but she rejected me for the 91st time in a row.'
'Woah mate, you keep count. Chill, she will come around.'

'Thanks for the encouragement'.

As they reached the common room he shrieked out "SIRIUS REMUS PETER COME ON OUT" after a hundred hours later they came out. 'PRONGS YOU DONT NEED TO SHOUT'.

Harry felt the need to keep up the drama.
'Your nickname is prongs?'
'Nope' said James reluctantly.
'Then why did Sirius call you that?'
'He's mad, starts calling people crazy names.'

'So this is Remus lupin, sirius black and Peter pettigrew'
'This is Harry granger' he told the others. They shook hands and went to sleep after a little chit chat with occasional mistakes of Sirius calling Remus - moony and James - prongs. Peter wasn't much into the conversation and harry resisted the urge to murder him.

That night, not only had he changed his life, but a million others. If he had only known the consequences of time travel...