Discussing Granger

Remus POV
'Hey man we gotta cancel the plan' said Sirius.
'You are kidding' he smirked.
'Nope. I am Serious.'

'I know you are Sirius.' he smirked.

'That's Punny but not funny. So please, let the lord explain, puny mortal'

Remus scoffed.

Once Sirius explained him about his eavesdropping session on harry and Lily Remus was awestruck. There were three possibilities.
1)Sirius was under the imperius curse and Harry was a death eater.

2)The conversation between Lily and Harry was a set-up.

3)Sirius was telling the truth.

And Remus decided that the second one had little chances since he knew Lily well enough to agree to these things (But Lily could also be under the imperius). The first one seemed the most likely. The third one had one in a billion chances.

'It seems most unlikely but it is the truth.' Said Sirius.
'If you say so.'

He didn't believe an ounce of the statement.

'How do we convince James?'
'Sirius eyed him suspiciously. 'Well if we both tried to convince him then he might agree. But first of all do you agree?'

Sirius was his best bro.. He could not break his trust. He decided to be frank and truthful with him.

'Doesn't Harry Granger strike of you as an evil mastermind?'
'Mastermind yes but he is not evil' Sirius said.

'He is clearly dating Lily Evans James's lifelong crush. He is topper of Defence against the Dark Arts. But is he truly skilled in defence or the Dark Arts itself?'
Sirius scowled 'Just because he is skilled in a subject you can't assume him to be a death eater. Look at his qualities and behaviour. He stood up for snivellus to James. Facing James requires courage which no one in the school has done. But he did. Try to look at his inner nature.'

And now that Sirius said it since no deatheater would be as young as Harry he would have to be in disguise. With the help of Polyjuice Potion, it was possible but then the Potion bearer would have to steal from slughorn's cupboard.

Recently slughorn was taking monthly quizzes (In which no one was interested) So he needed to top in potions since Slughorn offered a favour to the topper of the month and ask him about any recent theft.

Remus lupin was known for it. Known for creating ingenious plans. Known for finding mysterious clues. Known for doing the right things.

And finally he knew what to do. If he got the answer as 'no' then he would trust Harry Granger, if he got it as a 'yes' he would report him to Proffesor Dumbledore.

For the sake of saying yes,he agreed to convince James with Sirius.

James POV
A part of me agreed with the story Sirius was saying but he wasn't wholely convinced.

People thought of him as a bad guy but he gave people second chances. But mainly he trusted Sirius with my life. Sirius wouldn't joke on these matters. Sirius knew what lily meant to him.

'I trust you, bro. Is he right Remus?'
'Yeah' he nodded.

Lily POV
To say she was crushed was the least. And all he said to me after rejecting me was to date James Potter? of all the people in this damn world?

She was sobbing when alice came in.

'Oh Lily you know today me and fr-'she was squealing but stopped on seeing her face.

'What happened lils?'

'Nothing.' she muttered.

'Just facing a harsh rejection of my crush' she whispered.
'WHAT THE HECK?'

When lily didn't reply, Alice asked 'Who?'

She whispered sadly.

'Granger'

'Holy Shit! What happened? Why didn't you confide in me?' Alice said sounding a little hurt.

'I didn't know'

Lily realized how James felt when she harshly rejected her crushing his heart and breaking it into fragments which could never be joined back together.

But what could she do to one sided love. She wondered if Harry felt the same way towards her.

As she told about her encounter to Alice, she nodded assuringly.

'If he has a girlfriend then yeah I guess he would tell you that but he still wanted to go with you, right. What if he didn't like his present relationship. You could try once more though not now. When the time comes. This was too rushed up. Or ... '

'Or what Al?'

'Give James a chance. Even Harry who has just been for a few days can see that you and James are meant for each other.'

'No thanks' she said rather coldly. But she wondered who was the boy of her life. The guy over who she crushed or the guy who crushed on her.

'Make him jealous. Support James tomorrow.' Alice said.

'But he will think I am playing right into his plan.' she muttered.

'Let him think. But he will curse himself once he sees he has lost you.'

Wishful thinking. But still for Alice's sake, she agreed with her.