Chapter 9

When I was done with everything I needed to do I found my way back to Amanda's bed. Even after I snuck into her bed, Amanda didn't stir. It got me nervous that she didn't so I made sure she was still breathing. When I realized that she was I shook her a few times to wake her up.

It took a minute but I finally woke her up. When she woke she wasn't all that happy with me.

"What?" She asked looking at me in a daze.

"I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You have been out since we got home." I said.

"I'm okay" Amanda said looking at me.

"Okay, go back to sleep then." I said and kissed her cheek.

Amanda didn't even last another minute before she was asleep again. My mind was still buzzing with the events that have happened last week. Even though my girl is next to me I still can't help but feel guilty. A part of me wanted to just break up with her and push her away to try and keep her safe. Even if I tried that Amanda wouldn't let me go.

My head and heart are at war right now and I don't know what side to choice. My head wants to protect my heart and to help safeguard me from possible heart ache. My head keeps telling me to distance myself from Amanda so Tess will leave her alone. Tess won't have anything to hold over my head if we aren't together.

But then after my head is done fighting, my heart kicks in and all my feelings come back. I love her. Amanda had my heart and holds it in her hands. She keeps me sane, is my personal chef, my nurse after fights and loves me for me. She holds no judgment towards me and doesn't push me. I love her and I know she loves me too. I can't break her heart, but I'll let her ruin mine.

I just sighed and wrapped my arms around her pulling her close. Either way I feel like I'm going to lose her in the end. So sucking up my emotions, I pulled Amanda close and closed my eyes to try and get some sleep.

The next morning I woke up in the same place I fell asleep last night, with Amanda still tucked in my arms. As I moved some hair out of her face her eyes opened. Her sparkly blue eyes looked into mine.

"Good morning." I said.

"Morning" She said.

"I think it's time for you to get up." I said.

"Yea it is, will you help me up?" She asked.

I nodded and got out of bed. When she was up I helped her walk to the bathroom and changed the bandage on her stomach. I left her after that so she can get herself together and walked to the kitchen to make us breakfast. I didn't get far into it when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

"What are you making me?" She asked.

"French toast" I said putting another piece of toast on the pan.

"Smells good" She said watching me cook.

"Thank you" I said.

Amanda grabbed us some plates and set the table while I finished making breakfast. When I was done I cut up some strawberries and place them on top of the toast along with some powered sugar. I completed my masterpiece. It's not often that I make breakfast so when I do I tend to go all out.

I brought our plates to the table and set Amanda's down in front of her. I took my seat next to her and Amanda looks surprised.

"What? I asked as I poured syrup all over my toast.

"It looks amazing. I just hope that it tastes as good as it looks." Amanda said and picked up her fork.

I put a piece in my mouth and enjoyed the fruits of my labor. I watched Amanda take a bite and the face she made made me want to laugh.