Chapter 14

My first instinct was to cover Amanda. I leaped onto her and covered her with every part of my body.

"You're okay, I won't let anybody hurt you." I said to her over the gunfire trying to block it out.

"I love you" Amanda said a few times. That was something I didn't want to hear. Its like her last words want to be something meaningful. But saying 'I love you' in a time like this is like giving up.

"We are not dieing here Amanda." I said and looked up to try and get a sense of what is happening.

This shooting can be the result of a fight that is happening tonight or it's the Irish trying to get back at us for something that happened in my past. I don't really have a doubt in my mind that this is about me though. Looking around the room I saw Dante trying to get out of the room but being pushed back in by some tall guy. The guy had his gun pointed at Dante and who followed in behind him is Tess. Tess didn't look happy. After her walked in another big guy.

The shooting finally stopped and all I could hear was Amanda's heavy breathing in my ear. Nobody said anything.

"It's nice to see you again Veronica." Tess said staring down at me. If there weren't two large men with guns standing around I would have already jumped her.

"Time to go Veronica." Tess said and the two guys came over to me and tried to pull me away from Amanda.

"What do you want Tess!" I yelled struggling against two guys. Tess didn't answer so I got mad. I pulled away from the two guys and launched my knee into one of their noses before delivering my left hand into his already broken nose. He went down to the ground and started rolling around like a bitch.

The second guy took a swing and missed and then I landed a big right hand against his head. He still didn't go down so I kicked him in the chest but that still couldn't bring him down. So I had to get a bit dirty, I ended up kicking him as hard as I could in the balls. That brought him down.

Now the only two standing are Tess and myself. Standing behind Tess though is another guy with a gun in his hand.

"You want piece of me? I'm right here Tess!" I yelled and wanted her to come at me. My adrenaline is spiking and all I want to do is knock her out.

"I'm not going to do that lass, it's time to take a trip down memory lane." She said and the guy with the gun came at me. He didn't even give me a chance before he hit me in the head with the gun he was holding.

Things were blurry for a while. I know I wasn't completely knocked out. I felt myself being moved and I heard a lot of yelling followed behind by a few more gunshots. Then I felt myself get dropped and that was were I completely lost my sense of reality.

When I came too I instantly felt the pounding in my head, that and something sticky on the side of my head. I was able to move around and when I did felt the side of my head. When I brought my hand over to my eyes and opened them I saw red, blood. My scar must have opened up.

"Look who finally woke up." I heard Tess say in the distance. I didn't know how close she was to me but a few seconds later I felt delicate hands on my face.

"Ron did a good job on your face, but don't worry, it's nothing to bad." Tess said almost to herself. I didn't have any energy to fight her. I didn't even have enough energy to stay awake. I ended up slipping back into a state of unconsciousness.

The second time I woke up my head didn't hurt as bad. My head is still pounding, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't hurt as bad as it did before. Looking around I realized I'm alone in a small room. Sitting on the floor next to me is a glass of water and two pills. I reached for the water and took a sip before putting it back down and feeling my head. My scar is stitched up again and whoever did it, did a good job.