Chapter 19

Getting to see Amanda home in her element was amazing. She has been so happy since we got here a week ago. I'm not sure if it's just because we are surrounded by her family, her dogs, or just the Australian air, but I love to see her happy. Speaking of her dogs, I think they have been my favorite part of this whole trip so far. Getting to hang out with 13 golden retriever puppies any time I want is pretty amazing.

After his initial freak out Tomas came around. He actually took me aside in the barn and we had a good hour conversation. After talking to him I started to realize that we are basically the same person. He works on the farmland their family owns and helps around the town like a handy man. For fun he boxes, hence all the muscles. All he really wants to do is protect his younger sisters, which I completely understand. I consider him a friend now.

I haven't really seen much of Luke and John since our first day here. I don't think they have left their cabin that much. If it were up to me, Amanda and I probably wouldn't either. But she wants to spend time with her family and she wants to show me off to her friends. I don't mind but after a while I get a bit annoyed, I just want alone time with my wife.

I do have to say that I'm excited about our trip. Our time down under is also supposed to be our honeymoon. Next week we are going to be taking a road trip up the coast to see the great barrier reefs. It was kind of a gift from Susan as a wedding present. At first Amanda didn't want to go but I talked her into it. She only agreed though if we made it a road trip so she can show me all of her favorite places. So I said yes and now my wife is very happy. She has got it all planed out already and I'm getting excited just seeing her excited.

It is a few days away and for now we are just having fun on her family's farm. She has been showing me her favorite places around town and around her land. We have even rode horses around the land and watched as Tomas feed the cattle they have on the farm. It was fun because after a few minutes of watching Amanda took me over to the fence and we got to feed them as well.

Getting to see Amanda in this different light warms my heart. She is happy here and all I want to do is make her happy for the rest of our lives. After our adventure around the farm we ended up back in the barn with all of the puppies. I have learned that most of them have already been bought and will start to be shipped out before we leave. In fact I think almost all of them have been bought.

There is one more little girl that has been yet to be claimed. Her name is Cassey. She was the runt of the litter from Angelina and nobody has really shown any interest in wanting her because she is smaller then her siblings. It's because of that that Cassey has been spending time with me. I don't know what it is about her but I just feel drawn to her and I never want her to leave.

As the days go on I have been seeing less and less of Luke and John. They have been hiding away in their cabin and pretty much have stopped coming out. I know sooner or later they are going to have to leave but for now they are hold up in there.

Getting to know more about Amanda's family has been the best thing I think about coming here. Tomas is a wonderful man and would do anything to protect his sisters and mother. As for Amelia, I haven't had all of the pleasure of fully getting to know her. She comes and goes as she wants and doesn't stay home for long periods at a time. But from what I learned about Amelia is that she is a wonderful young woman.

As for Amanda's father I still don't know what happened between him and Susan. It's a very sore subject in the family and I didn't want to push my luck. I have asked Amanda about it a few times and she still hasn't given me an answer.

"Scar come on, Cassey is getting hungry and I know she isn't the only one." I heard Amanda say and she knocked me out of my own thoughts.

I turned around and saw both of my girls standing in front of me. Amanda has Cassey in her arms and the 3-month-old puppy is licking her cheek. I just smiled at them and took a few more pictures before racing them back to the main house.