[ drink ] Mexican-Inspired Horchata

I love me some good horchata. But often times, the traditional Mexican drink is too sweet for me, so I don't enjoy the restaurant versions very much. It might also be my Asian roots showing through, but I also dislike that I can't even taste the rice in some store bought versions. This healthy, sugar-free version will knock your socks off, is healthy, AND only takes a few minutes to whip up! Hope you like!

Ingredients (serves 1):

> 2 tablespoons sweet rice flour

> 1 cup mylk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond)

> 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder (that's quite a bit, but I like my cinnamon. Feel free to use less)

> 1-2 medjool dates, pitted (I actually have a jar of just medjool date puree that I whip up every month. So convenient! Highly recommend if you're trying to cut back on sugar)

Directions:

Combine the first three ingredients together in a mug and heat in microwave for approximately 30 seconds to help cinnamon and rice flour dissolve.

Add medjool dates to a food processor and puree. Then add the rest of the ingredients to the processor and pulse for 1-2 minutes. Pulsing will mix the dry ingredients further and make the drink wonderfully frothy. Pour mixture back into mug and enjoy!