[ dessert ] Apple Spice Mug Cake

Guess what! It's my 7th birthday today! Well... sort of. I got baptized 7 years ago today and it's an incredibly special day for me so I thought it'd be fitting to celebrate... with cake of course :) It was too cold at night to go out and buy a cake, plus I have a biochemistry exam tomorrow so I didn't want to make the trip anyway. So, what's a girl got to do? Pull out her best mug cake recipe, of course! 

This cake is delicious, moist, and will be ready to eat in less than five minutes, from beginning to end. No joke. It uses Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix ( which is actually vegan!)

Typically for a quick fix mug cake, I use the 3-2-1 trick: 3 tablespoons cake mix, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 minute in the microwave. I always have a box of cake mix on hand for those "emergencies" where you're just really craving some cake haha. I figured I could do the same thing here with a bit of an autumn twist :) Check it out!

Ingredients:

> 3 tablespoons vegan cake mix (Duncan Hines Yellow Cake mix or Betty Crocker White Cake mix are A-OK!)

> 2 tablespoons applesauce (I use Mott's)

> 2-3 tablespoons of apple of choice, peeled and diced (I used Granny Smith because it was all I had on hand right now and the resulting cake was a perfect combo of sweet and tart, but you can use a sweeter variety if you'd like)

> 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (you can use less if you'd like. I just really like cinnamon)

> about 1/2 a tablespoon of water (if mixture is still too thick. Depends on type of applesauce used)

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a mug and microwave on HIGH for one minute. If the cake doesn't look done, continue heating for 15 second intervals. Enjoy!