[ entree ] Kimchi Fried Rice

I love comfort food; there's something nostalgic about it that takes me back to my childhood. Kimchi fried rice is definitely one of those dishes, and I love it so, so much because it's incredibly easy to make. Plus, it's a great dish to use up leftover ingredients in the fridge. Check it out sometime!

Ingredients (serves 2 normal humans, or 1 Alice):

> 2 cups of rice (day-old rice is especially good for this recipe, because its slightly dry and soaks up more flavor. Plus it's great being able to use up your old rice! You can use fresh if you'd like though)

> 1/2 cup of kimchi, diced (I like using 1/4 cup fresh kimchi and 1/4 cup sour kimchi, but you can use either. I know a lot of people like using sour kimchi in this recipe because it tones down the sour. Plus it's a great way to use up the sour kimchi haha)

> 1/2 cup kimchi juice, sour or fresh. You can use a little less than that if you'd like, as this recipe does come out a bit on the saltier side.

> 1/2 of a large yellow onion, diced

Directions:

Sautee diced onions in a little bit of oil for 2-3 minutes on high heat, until the onions have turned translucent. Then add the chopped kimchi and cook for another few minutes. Add the rice and break up the little chunks before adding the kimchi juice. Stir fry for another few minutes, until the juices have been absorbed by the rice. Turn the heat to low and let simmer for 1-2 minutes, until the rice becomes "drier."  Season with pepper and granulated veggie bouillon and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions if desired. Enjoy!