Chapter II

I woke up with my eyes full of sand, cold and still too tired to do anything. I tried to fall asleep again but I remembered that I was bound to go to school by my dad. My dad...I have to check him up, to see if he is home or at least if he left me a message. But only after I wash and get dressed. A new day is ready to begin.

I took my bag and jumped on the stairs ready for the breakfast. I was sure that my dad was home and even if he left again that morning he prepared it for me or at least left some money for lunch. But I didn't find anything in the kitchen, no a note on the freezer, no nothing. Then I doubt he had been home last night. Where was he then?

I took a cereal bar, made a sandwich and I stuffed them in my bag.

When I went outside, the wind just slapped me with a frozen palm on my face. I imagined the way to school will be awful. And it was. I was pushing against the cold wind with the power of a superhero. I was dressed with a long sleeve T-shirt, some jeans and some big boots. Over, I was wearing my dad's came jacket, some stabbing wool gloves and a black scarf. The gloves were pricking me so bad but I couldn't take them off, they kept warm for my hands. All the way to school was a white hell. The snowflakes were falling from the sky like some little bees breaking into my face.

Arrived at school, as I entered the classroom, I had that feeling that everybody is watching me again. I was sitting in the second row, near the window so I was forced to cross the entire classroom to find my place. I decided to reach the school in the last minutes of break before the courses, not to face bitches, so after two or three minutes after I entered the classroom, the teacher came in. The first course was history.

The teacher was so common. She was small, fat and old. Her name is Martha Tremblay. From what I’ve heard she's not so loved by the students. She is very selfish and likes to win all the arguments. We have history twice a week.

We were going to listen to a tape about the Second World War; some ancient stories about the lifetime during those years. But for my loss she started the class judging the students. I was the first.

"Ms. Carter, I didn't see you at my course yesterday. Where have you been?"

She said it like the most disgusting thing she had to say ever, with such a bad mood and so superior.

"I had some problems and I had to go home as soon as I could. I promise I’ll borrow the lesson from someone. I'm sorry." I said careless but still blushing because I was sure everyone was staring at me. And I even heard some whispers in the class.

"Ok. I hope this is the last time you skip the classes, especially mines, alright, Ms. Carter?"

"Yes Mrs. Tremblay". And that was it.

After the 5th course I decided to go outside and miss the lunch. I wasn't in the mood to talk to anybody but it surprised me that I survived the first 4th without any reply from that bunch of cheerleaders.

I went outside and again the cold pushed me against the wind but I could walk all the way to the rows of the high-school's stadium. I picked my notebook and I started to draw. I just gave the draw an outline, let the pen down and turned around. I saw a guy running straight to me with a cigarette in his hand. He was tall, skinny with dark straight hair. The Goth type but still, if he changed his clothes he would have killed all the girls.

"Hey! Wait, don't leave." He was shouting at me after he saw me getting my bag, ready to leave.

"I'm sorry if I scared you. I'm Adam, Adam Wright. You must be Andi, nice to meet you." He had green eyes with brown ramifications. I recognized the type. His eyes are changing depending the season. Sometimes totally light green, sometimes dark like the pepper pills. He was pale, maybe because of the cold weather but anyway he was white skinned. His nose was not too long but little prominent. He was cute, handsome in fact.