Chapter XI

Argh, don't hurt me. ._.

I know i've been hell absent but i'm back as i promised.

Enjoy your lecture.

x

************************************************************************************************************

We have been living here for more than two months, and I finally scored to win Christina’s faith. I have been depressed for some time, because of James and the things that were happening between us, so Christina decided to cheer me up and take me out to see the world … Something that could improve my mood.

She promised to get me to the mall, to see a movie or to go shopping. I have never been a fashion victim; I wasn’t in touch with the new trends at all. But as every girl’s instinct, I thought a raid through the shops would make me feel better.

Christina was free on Sunday. We took her car and drove about three miles to the Centre of the city. I also kept in mind and made an idea about the place the Centre was located.

That was the second time I’ve been to the mall. The first time was a date with Adam. I missed him, and after two months of total absence in my life, I started to regret the scene I made. I was desperate to find some answers, and because he didn’t want to tell me the truth, I got angry on him. Then I realized he was more tough-minded than James, he wanted to protect me and I took this situation as a punishment of not listening to him.

Arrived there, with Christina’s wallet full of money, she told me I could afford whatever caught my eye. I really wished to buy some new sweaters. I loved them, I had an entire collection. They were the first things I bought when I was entering a shop. My father was always against them, but he accepted when I made him understand that they were the things I liked to wear the most.

The next things on my list were some new gloves. I liked the ones I had. I got them when I was 14 years old. My father bought them for me because we were going to spend one month in Saskatoon, Canada, and I had none at hand. They endured cold, wind and snow pretty well though, but they got old and started to break. As for the rest, I bought some new underwear, some jeans and some SF books, to spend my time reading.

I was already tired. I was almost sure that I will fall asleep at the movie, so we decided to stop by the café and buy something to drink.

Soon after, Christina left me with the bags and went to get the car to the principal entrance. My first thought was to run, to escape, but James was still there, and even If I wasn’t talking to him anymore, it would have been heartless to leave him there, like that. My second thought was to call Patrick. I have never stopped thinking about that at the Centre. Actually, I have never lost my hope of getting out of there. But I had no help. No support. No ally.

With my mind twisted and with my coffee finished, I was waiting for Christina, terrified by the thought of getting back in my cell, spending more nights, weeks, even months in it.

I was examining the people, teenagers and old aged people taking care of their lives, some of them, maybe, trying to catch tomorrow, children with their parents, crying after the most wanted toy and after two weeks, finding themselves ripping their heads and clothes off… But only one guy disturbed my view and my thoughts. He seemed very familiar.

It was Adam. In that moment, I dropped my bag and trying not to come out of the crowd, I approached him and put my hands on his shoulder.

“What the… Andi!?” He simply turned around and I simply thrown myself into his arms and gave him a big, not to mention missed hug, screaming his name out loud. By the end, I did come out of the crowd.