Chapter 2

My eyes slowly opened, looking around at my surroundings. I gasped, seeing that I was laying in a pool of my own blood.

I sat myself up and looked at my hands. How am I alive? I remember, the Masked Dragon shot me. I should be dead, but I'm not.

I examined the bloody hole in my clothes. There was no trace of a bullet wound and I feel perfectly fine.

The only weird thing was that I was hungry and the smell of my blood was oddly enticing. I stood up and made my way out of the woods and back home.

I cleaned up, changed, and disposed of my dirty clothes. It was still dark, so I quietly laid in bed. I stared up at the ceiling, unable to sleep.

My hunger was growing and starting to become unbearable. As morning finally arrived, I headed down for breakfast.

I eagerly sat down beside my brother as my mom fixed breakfast. I can't wait to eat, I'm starving. My mom set down plates of pancakes in front of us.

As Vincent started eating, I simply stared down at my food. Even though I'm hungry, I don't feel much like eating this.

"What's wrong, Veronica? Not hungry?"

I looked up at my dad. "I am, it's just..."

He rose an eyebrow as I stared at him. I never realized how...appetizing human flesh looked. I felt myself beginning to drool.

My dad scooted back slightly. "Veronica, why are you looking at me like that?"

Before I knew what I was doing, I leapt across the table, knocking him back as I felt my body changing. He screamed as I clamped by jaws down on his neck.

I could feel my teeth sharpening as I tore his flesh and hungrily ate it. His screams were silenced as I turned toward my screaming mom and brother.

I leapt at my mom, pinning her and ripping the flesh from her neck, silencing her. I could see my brother run upstairs.

I lurched forward, my eyes gazing up the staircase. I followed Vincent and looked around upstairs for him. I found him hiding in the corner of his room, crying as he noticed me.

"Veronica...p-please...it's me...don't you remember?"

I stared down at him for a moment before grabbing his head between my teeth and crushing it. I carried his body downstairs and began eating it along with the other two.

There was blood everywhere as I crunched bone and flesh in my powerful jaws. After eating every bit, I began looking around.

I noticed the large mirror in the nearby bathroom. I stared in horror at my reflection before looking at my new features for myself.

I was covered in green scales while my snout was coated with blood from my meal. I had a long, green tail with large wings protruding from my back and small horns on my head.

My large, clawed feet carried my new form with my wings helping to support me like an extra pair of legs. My clawed hands were still able to grab things and my overall size was about the same as a car.

The only thing that was the same were my eyes. Though my pupils were slits, my right eye was still blue and my left eye still green.

I couldn't believe what I had become. I'm...a dragon. A small one, but a dragon nonetheless. I examined every new aspect of my being.

I watched my reflection as I focused on changing back. My body transformed back to normal before my eyes.

I touched my curly, brown hair, making sure it felt the same as I examined myself again. I looked at my palm before clenching my fist.

So much power in the palm of my hand. I grinned to myself, and for some reason, I don't feel bad about what I've done.

It's nature's way, the strong survive and prey on the weak. I focused on changing into that dragon form again and watched as my reflection changed into it.

I looked in the mirror, showing my pointed teeth and letting out a growl. I flicked my forked tongue and thumped my tail against the floor.

I let out a small roar, causing the mirror to shatter. I inwardly laughed until I heard sirens. I snarled to myself and quickly changed back, leaving the house.

I rushed into the woods and hid as I saw police cars arriving. Someone must've heard all the commotion and called the police.

I ran deeper into the woods. I am no longer human. I am but a myth now. I think that's what I'll call myself. Myth. I think it suits me.

The girl known as Veronica is dead. She was killed by the Masked Dragon. But now, Myth wants her revenge.

My next meal will be that phony masked murderer. I wondered the woods until dark. Predatory instincts kicked in and I quickly tracked down my killer.

He was sneaking around someone's house. I hid and made animal noises. He turned and made his way in my direction.

I led him deeper into the woods and contained my urge to kill him right away. Not eating since this morning, I was hungry, but I wanted to have my fun first.

And this gullible fool is falling into his own trap. Once we were far enough away from the town, I emerged from the bushes and stood in front of the man.

I heard a gasp from under his mask. "Y-You...I killed you!"

I grinned and gazed up at him. "Yes...you did. And I really didn't appreciate that."

He remained quiet and backed away from me a bit. I chuckled. "So, the Masked Dragon, huh? Do you want to see a real dragon?"

In an instant, I changed into my dragon form and snapped my jaws around his body. He screamed as I grabbed him with one claw and pulled him apart.

His body tore apart and I slowly ate my fill. I licked my lips and coughed up the dragon mask. I could hear those familiar sirens in the distance.

I snarled to myself and began running. I slowly spread my wings and flew up over the trees. My large wings carried me high into the sky.

Flying seems to come naturally to me. I'll be safe up here in the sky until things die down on the land below. One thing's for sure though, I can literally do whatever I want now, and no one has the power to stop me.