Chapter 3

A/N: In the picture is what Myth looks like.

It's been over a week now and I've tested out my abilities. So far, I can turn into a dragon and a sea serpent.

They're both about the same size, around the same height as a car. But that's big enough to overpower other creatures.

I've seen some strange things deep in these woods, but nothing I couldn't handle. I did meet a pale, humanoid creature with long claws, but I easily fought it off.

Nothing could get in my way. I actually had a large cave that I slept in at one end of the forest. It used to belong to a bear, but I ate the bear.

I often left the woods to catch a few humans to eat or to have some fun in my normal form. After all, I still look like a regular girl, although I'm clearly not.

I even learned that there were rumors and sightings of a mysterious creature, which I figured was me. I checked them out for myself, and luckily every picture is nothing more than a silhouette and every story is very vague.

These people don't have a clue. There was one thing that bothered me though. There were a few boys exploring the woods not too long ago.

They wanted footage of the 'mysterious creature'. I killed them all, but later found out that their footage was recovered. The video went viral, and although it was poor quality, you could still see some kind of beast attacking the boys.

This was bad for me since more people went out to hunt me. Not that I'm scared or anything, but man it's annoying. Oh well, at least that means more food for me.

Jack's pov

I sat in the living room along with Jeff, Smile, and Ben. Jeff and I watched TV with Smile at our feet while Ben played on his laptop.

Jeff constantly flipped the channel before stopping on the news. "We've had another mysterious sighting of the unknown creature. This picture was taken by someone walking their dog late one night."

The picture was dark, but in the starry sky, you could see a dark shape. Large wings and a tail, that was all I could make out from the picture.

Jeff leaned forward a bit. "What the hell is that thing?"

Ben finally looked up from his laptop, squinting at the picture before letting out a gasp. "No way! That's the monster!"

Masky and Hoodie then entered the room as we looked at Ben. I asked him, "What monster?"

"You haven't heard? Apparently there's some kind of monster lurking out in the woods."

Masky came over and said, "Oh, we've heard about that. Is it really true though?"

Ben nodded and began typing on his keyboard. "Yeah, there was recently footage taken. Here, I'll show you."

He typed and clicked before pulling up a video. Jeff and I scooted closer to see while Masky and Hoodie stood behind the couch, even Smile poked his head up to see.

Once everyone was situated, Ben clicked the play button. We watched as the video started.

"This is it, guys. There's definitely a monster out here. I think we're close to seeing this thing. We just have to-"

The boy holding the camera was cut off by a scream. The camera turned to see one boy being drug into the thick bushes.

"Scott! Scott!"

The screams were cut off and the camera whirled back and forth as something moved quickly through the darkness. It was just a blur on the camera, but whatever it was, it was big.

"Kevin, we need to get outta here! Come o-aaaahhh!"

The camera quickly turned again to see something drag the other boy into the darkness. It all happened so fast.

"Joe!"

The screams stopped and silence fell. The camera turned back and forth as the last boy tried to figure out what to do. The camera finally stopped moving as it landed on a pair of eyes.

In the darkness a blue eye and a green eye glowed as a growl was heard. The camera began moving back slowly. In an instant, a green blur rushed toward the camera.

A scream was heard as a large mouth enveloped the camera. It suddenly went black and the video ended.

"I have a feeling this is no ordinary creature."

We all jumped and turned to see Slender behind Masky and Hoodie. Masky asked him, "Do you know what it could be?"

"I'm not sure myself. But this could be a creepypasta or something similar. This creature is drawing a lot of attention to these woods."

I decided to ask, "So what do we do about it?"

Slender was quiet for a moment before speaking. "For now, nothing. We have no knowledge of this beast. Just be on the lookout whenever you leave the house. If anyone should see this thing, report it to me."

We all nodded and he left. Ben stretched his arms and closed his laptop. "All I know is that this monster is awesome."

Jeff's grin seemed to grow wider. "You got that right, Ben. Did you see the way that thing picked off those guys one at a time?"

Masky sighed. "Yeah, we know. We should be careful not to accidentally run into it though."

Hoodie nodded in agreement. I have to agree with Ben and Jeff. I'm interested to see this beast with my own nonexistent eyes.

I guess there's nothing we can do about it right now though. Slender's right, we know nothing about this creature. But maybe it's possible to track down this thing, who knows?