Chapter 15

A couple of weeks pass by since my attempted escape. I had explained to Slender about wanting to stay, and he eagerly agreed.

I guess he knew I could be trusted when he had noticed my collar was gone and I had still come back of my own free will.

I was currently out with Jack, wandering the dark streets of the nearby town. With our hoods covering our heads, no one could tell who we were. I was hungry for a little 'fast food' and Jack decided to come along.

Upon passing my old school, I stopped, noticing a group of boys in front of the building. I watched as one of them was being picked on by the others.

That's when I recognized them as the boys who used to pick on my little brother. A low growl erupted from my throat as I noticed Jack follow my gaze.

Without saying a word, I marched over to the boys with Jack following. "Hey! Knock it off!"

The boys all turned toward me as I came closer. "Who are you to order us around? Mind your own business."

With my face hidden in the darkness under my hood, I said, "I suggest you all head home now or you'll face the consequences."

"I think this bitch needs to be put in her place."

One of the boys approached me, raising his hand up to hit me. Before he could, I grabbed his wrist. I looked toward the younger boy who was being picked on.

"You. Go home, now."

The boy quickly nodded and left. I smirked to myself as I kept my hold on the guy in front of me.

"Idiot. You don't know who your dealing with."

With my free hand, I slid my hood off, watching all the boys gasp and stare at me in shock. "V-Veronica? We thought you were d-dead."

"You thought wrong. Remember how you loved picking on my little brother? Well now it's time for me to return the favor."

In an instant, I changed into my dragon form and grabbed the boy in front of me. Before he could even scream, I crushed him in my jaws.

The other two boys began to scream and run. Jack caught one and slit his throat while I caught the other, biting his head off. I quickly ate my meal, letting Jack take a few kidneys.

After eating my fill, I changed back to normal and began to leave. "Veronica, huh?"

I stopped in my tracks. "Don't call me that. That's not my name anymore."

I turned my head back toward him. "Alright, alright. So you had a little brother? Come to think of it, you never did tell me what happened with your family."

"You really want to know?"

He nodded. "I ate them."

I began walking away, hearing Jack's footsteps behind me. Judging by his silence, I'm assuming Jack knows not to push the subject any further.

Walking down the street, we soon heard police sirens heading our way. I guess someone found the bloody remains of our victims.

That's when I realized that Jack and I both had blood on us. Before I could react, Jack pulled me into an alley, holding me against him as he hid us both in the shadows.

We quietly watched as the police cars passed by, heading toward the school. Jack whispered, "We need to get out of here."

I nodded and changed into dragon form again. I gently grabbed Jack with my clawed hand and climbed up the side of the alley building before taking off into the sky.

I flew back to the mansion, landing and changing back to normal. Jack and I both headed inside and up to our room. I took a quick shower, slipping on a black and red tank top and shorts before exiting the bathroom.

Jack seemed to stare at me for a moment before speaking. "Nice pajamas. You look hot."

I smiled at his compliment. He started coming toward me, but I quickly backed away from him. "Jack, you're going to get me dirty again. You can come closer after you've showered."

"C'mon, that's not fair. Just a little affection?"

He held his arms out, ready for a hug. I simply crossed my arms. "Jack. Shower first."

It was quiet for a moment until I pointed to the bathroom. Jack finally sighed and gave in, going to the bathroom.

While waiting for him, I laid across his bed on my side, reading one of my fantasy novels. I soon heard Jack come out of the bathroom, but kept my focus on my book.

I noticed him coming over, making his way onto the bed behind me. I suddenly felt his breath on my ear.

"There. Now I'm all clean."

I remained quiet and continued reading. I soon felt his hand caress my side and his lips against my head. I closed my book and glanced back at him.

He smiled at me. "Myth, may I...?"

I felt his teeth graze my shoulder. I immediately knew what he wanted. I sighed.

"Fine."

Almost as soon as I answered, I felt his teeth sink into my skin. I winced slightly. After letting go, he licked the blood away before kissing over the wound.

"Jack, why do you do this all the time?"

He stopped his actions and looked at me. "Because you always taste so good and I like to leave my mark on you."

He leaned closer until his lips were on mine. I felt him move closer, pressing against me from behind. He soon trailed his lips down to my neck, kissing and licking my skin.

He suddenly stopped and smirked at me. "You know, there are other ways for me to mark you as mine."

I knew what he was getting at. "Very well then. Pleasure me."

He suddenly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me up with him. Still behind me, he left kisses all over my neck and shoulder while his hands traveled up my stomach.

"I love you, Myth."

"I love you too, Jack."

His kisses became more rough and hungry as I felt him slowly slipping my clothes off.

This is the end, thanks so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this mini story! The last one will be published soon, so stay tuned.