Chapter 5

Jack's pov

After making my way back to the mansion later that night, I went straight to Slenderman.

"Slender, I saw the creature in the woods."

"Really? You saw the mysterious monster that's drawing so much attention to the forests?"

I nodded. "Yes. It's definitely earned its reputation too. It fought off the Strider, all on its own."

"Hmm, I think we need a plan to catch this thing. I'll call the others to join us."

I assumed Slender spoke to the others in their heads, because pretty quickly, they joined us in Slender's office.

Ben excitedly asked, "So what's all this about the monster?"

Slender looked toward me as if waiting for me to explain. I said, "I've seen the monster roaming the forest. It's a dragon-like creature."

I heard Masky and Hoodie gasp while Ben and Jeff grinned like idiots. Ben just looked at me as he spoke.

"A dragon you say? Now I really want to see this thing."

Slender told him, "We're going to have to catch it. It's been causing enough trouble around here."

Jeff fist pumped before looking down at Smile. "Maybe this dragon can be our new pet. You might get yourself a playmate, Smile."

Smile seemed to glare up at his master. Masky then asked, "But how can we catch something that we rarely even see?"

I cleared my throat. "Actually, I found a place where that dragon seems to frequently go to. I found multiple scales from it scattered among the grass in that area."

Slender stood up. "I want all of you to go there tomorrow. With all of you at once, we should be able to ambush and catch this beast."

We all nodded and rested up for our big mission. The next day, we all headed out and I led the others to the place.

Everyone found a place to hide, in bushes, up in trees, behind large rocks, anywhere to stay hidden. Hopefully the dragon will pass through here today too.

Myth's pov

The next day, I went out to find a quick snack before I go into the town tonight. I managed to catch a few small animals to fill me until then.

As I walked, I found myself in one of the small clearings I frequently go to. I stopped, glancing around.

Something feels a bit...off. I feel like I'm not alone out here. I flicked my tongue and took a few slow steps, trying to listen or spot anything odd.

Jack's pov

I was right, the dragon does come here often. It keeps glancing around, as if it knows something's up.

I crouched down in a bush, just like last time. I noticed Jeff up in a tree near me. His smile seemed to grow wider as he watched the beast below.

I saw him pick up a piece of broken branch and toss it a short distance from where he was, causing it to thunk on the ground.

The dragon's head snapped around and it growled as it slowly made its way in the direction of the noise. I watched as Jeff slowly made his way closer among the branches of the tree.

What is that maniac doing? I watched as Jeff jumped from the branches and right onto the dragon's back. The dragon panicked for a moment, shaking around to try and get him off.

Jeff took his knife and stabbed it into the beast's back. The dragon let out a roar of pain before turning and snapping at Jeff. Jeff was just out of its reach as it tried to bite at him.

The dragon finally stopped moving and quickly rolled onto its back before getting back on its feet again. Jeff laid on the ground, groaning after being crushed under the dragon's weight.

The dragon growled and attempted to bite Jeff. He quickly brought his hands and feet up, catching its jaws before they could clamp down on him.

With the dragon's gaping mouth hovering over him, I could see drool dripping down onto Jeff as he tried to push its head away. At that moment, Smile jumped out of some bushes and bit into the dragon's tail.

The dragon seemed to ignore Smile's attempt at distracting it. That's when the rest of us came out of our hiding places.

Hoodie grabbed a rock and threw it at the beast, hitting the side of its face and causing it to reel back. Jeff scrambled to his feet and grabbed his knife as the dragon swung Smile off its tail.

The dragon glanced around at each of us, growling as it tried to figure out what to do. It suddenly spread its wings out and created gusts of wind as it began lifting off the ground.

I called out to the others, "Don't let it get away!"

Jeff quickly threw his knife, lodging it into the shoulder of one of the dragon's wings. The dragon roared and fell to the ground, giving us all a chance to attack.

We all surrounded the creature, leaving bloody gashes and marks all over its body. When it finally stood up straight again, it spun around, knocking all of us away with its tail.

It then quickly took off past the trees, attempting to escape. We chased after it but soon lost it. We all took a minute to catch our breath.

Jeff looked down at Smile. "Track it, Smile."

Smile barked and sniffed around, following the scent. As we followed Smile, I kept thinking, "Slender, we need your help".

Myth's pov

I stood at the back of my cave, panting and licking my wounds. Hopefully those freaks won't find me here.

Who were they anyway? They definitely weren't normal humans. I had no choice but to run, they had me outnumbered. I died once and I certainly won't die again.

"Ah, so you are a creepypasta."

I shot my head up to see a tall, faceless man who was almost as tall as me. He stood at the entrance of my cave with those creeps who attacked me behind him.

I growled and backed away. "Who are you? How are you doing that? And what is a creepypasta?"

"I am Slenderman. I can talk to you in your mind. And all of us here are creepypastas. You died and were reborn as one of us."

I snarled. "I'm not one of you."

"Say what you will, but you can't change what you are. Now come with us and we can help you."

I quickly charged forward, stopping in front of the faceless one and let out a roar. I noticed the others behind him step back, but he didn't even flinch.

I huffed and growled at him. "No."

"Suit yourself. We'll be doing this the hard way then."

In an instant, long, black tentacles shot out of the faceless man's back, wrapping around me. I struggled, but my legs, arms, and wings were quickly binded.

Before I could even bite at the tendrils, my mouth was clamped shut by more tentacles. I finally couldn't even move anymore and just stood there, glaring and growling.

I suddenly heard a static noise in my head that gradually got louder and painful. My eyes were wide as I struggled a bit.

I felt like I might go insane. I finally gave up the struggle and fell to the ground, slipping into an unconscious state.