Chapter 1

Avoiding drama is pretty easy when you have only 1 friend. It makes life a whole lot simpler and that's the way I like it. I know what your probably thinking what a loner surely you have more friends then just the one and my question to you is do you call people your friends that will only ever use you as a second or third option and ignore you otherwise. You see it's easy to have one best friend then 2 or more sorta good friends. No, the problem I face is the friend I have, I haven't met. We talk online a lot. Whenever I become slightly attached to someone I actually meet, I always end up changing foster homes. This is my fourth foster home this year and it is only July. Each time I change is for one of three reasons they decide they don't want me, something happens at school or they become sick of my silence.

At first they want to help me, give me a home and are fine with my silence. Then they always send me to therapist in hopes of getting me to speak. I could speak if I wanted but it's easier to just keep quite. I was 9 when I was first put in the foster care system and it was not until I was 13 did I stop talking. My name is Violet and I am 16 years old.
The Jacksons were my currant foster care family but I never new how long I was going to stay. They had a daughter who was 17 and two sons, one of who was 15 and the other who was 16. They were a nice enough family but they to will soon become sick of my silence.

The family:
Step Dad: William Jacksons
Mum: Lexi Jacksons
Daughter: Stephanie Liam
1st son: Caleb Liam
2nd son: Alex Liam

I had only been with them for 2 days. Mrs. Jacksons had informed me that tomorrow I would be starting school and she had everything I would need already. School was another pain especially starting new. The embarrassment that came when you stood in front of a class and when the teacher asked you to introduce yourself and you just stand there. But that was tomorrows problem.

The house they had was relatively nice and it had a pool. The room I was staying in was small and cute. With the pocket money I earned from my last foster family I had brought myself a laptop. Not one person new the reason I stopped talking even Maya my online friend but she also didn't know I was mute. It is scary how much you can hide about yourself on the Internet. A part from that Maya and I shared a lot of things to each other. It was nice to have a conversation with someone.

Me: *
Hey M

maya:
Hey. How are you Violet

Me: *
Alright starting at a new school tomorrow .
How have you been?

maya:
Cool the joys of starting new
Yeah good, just finishing my maths assignment

Me: *
Math assignments have to be the worst
Maths should just be an exam the assignments
don't ever Count for much of your grade
anyway. Stupid maths.

Maya:
Amen to that. Have you got everything
you need for school

Me: *
Mrs J says she has it covered

Alex popped his head in my door, "Mum said to tell you dinners ready." I just nodded. He was blonde and quite a cute kid and Mrs J had explained he plays soccer since he was 5. I typed a quick I have to go dinner is ready before following him to the kitchen.

We were having spaghetti bake for dinner. Mr and Mrs Jacksons sat at either end of the table while Caleb and Alex sat on the left. Stephanie wasn't there, I hadn't met her yet so I took a seat across from Alex and next to Mrs J.

"Do you think your ready for school tomorrow?" Mr Jacksons asked me. Everyone looked at me to see my reaction, I just nodded. It wasn't that I was trying to be rude If I did speak the questions that would be sure to follow of why I hadn't for so long and it would bring up painful memories.

"Are you nervous?" Mrs Jacksons asked. I just shrugged. I was but it is not like I had a choice to go or not.

"If you have any problems just ask Caleb." Mr Jacksons added. I had only met Caleb when I first arrived it clear to say he didn't take a liking to me at all. So I wasn't surprised by him saying...

"In order to ask she would have to fucking speak now wouldn't she" he said before leaving the table and slamming his bedroom door shut.

"Caleb get here now" Mr Jacksons called. The only response he got was loud music.

"Sorry about that he isn't normally like this." They all looked down there was no doubt on their faces this was how Caleb usually acted.

After dinner I did the dishes despite Mrs Jacksons attempts to say that I did not need to do that and she would do it later. She just gave me a hug when she realised how useless it was and grabbed a tea towel and dried up with me. Mrs Jacksons was definitely a chatterbox which I did not mind as it was always more comfortable then silence.

"I married William 1 year ago. Alex, Caleb and Stephanie are all from my first marriage. Caleb will warm up to you I am sure. He just has a bit of trouble adjusting to change. It took him 3 years to get used to me dating Will. Don't worry he will come around and it doesn't hurt that your pretty either."she said with a wink. I just shook my head I not that pretty I am average height for my age and a bit bigger with long brown hair.

She just frowned at me and told me about my new school.

[#_#] [#_#] [#_#]