Chapter 4

The day stretches out as the second feel like they are minutes. At morning tea I sat on the oval that has more trees for shade. There is hardly anyone sitting around me from what I have learnt everyone much prefers the tables even so much as to stake claims on the tables after the seniors leave. I spent morning tea reading my book.

Heading to my spot at lunch time was completely different. All throughout maths and home Ec I was thinking about the book I was reading. Both classes were uneventful except for me working into both of the 10 minutes late and the another introduce yourself moment in maths that lasted 15 minutes. It took 10 minutes for the teacher to realise I wasn't going to talk and another 6 for the teacher to stop the students chatting about it. There was a game of football going on the oval with a group of girls watching them and giggling.

The group consist of George's bio partner, caleb's and 4 others. Not knowing my way to well around the school I sat behind a paper bark tree facing away from the oval.

I had my tablet thingy with me so I signed into my account to talk to Maya. I swear Maya was always on ready to talk and today was not an exception.
With out me typing anything a message popped up.

Maya
Didn't think you would be online
How's your first day? Do you like it?

Me.      *
It is just like every other school I have started
at. How's you day ? Did you finish the assignment you were
working on .

Maya
Nah I just took the day off I did most of it
though. Mental health days everyone needs them
any ways the whole class didn't hand it in only 6 people
had done it and brought it so its due tomorrow

Me. *
Lucky you

Maya
I get the rest of the week off too . My teacher just told me to send
it to them

Me. *
are you going somewhere

Maya and her family went on trips quite a lot to see family, old friends and sometimes just bonding trips. I jumped when something touched my leg. It was the football the guys were playing with it continued to role into the bushes. Being me and the fact I was concealed behind the tree, I figured they can get it themselves. Where the ball was under a lillypilly bush and if I didn't move they wouldn't see me. Soon enough I could heavy footsteps coming.

"Where did it go?" a guy called to his friends.

"Just in there," one called back.

"Real descriptive." the guy muttered to himself. How you can lose a ball that you watched where it went is beyond me but you never know. Turns out it was Zac searching for the ball. Still looking for the ball he turned around to call someone over to help him look and he saw me. I just pointed to the lillypilly and sure enough he found it.

"Thanks Violet," he said with a smile before running up to continue his game. I am not going to lie I took in the sight of him shirtless. He was quite muscly and had a defined 6 pack.

She finally replied:
Maya
My step dads sister and family we haven't seen them
Since Christmas. Any hot guys at your new school ;)

Me. *
They are alright I guess

Maya
Tell me everything!

Me. *
Nothing to tell

Maya
Don't lie to me they are probably
all over you

Me. *
You believe what you want to believe then

There was no winning. She would believe what she wanted. We knew what each other looked like we had each other on Instagram(yet I hardly used it) and profile pictures and despite only messaging and sending photos Maya loved to tell me what to wear a lot of the time. She was the one person until today I had sent a message or wrote to in a very long time.

Maya
I really have to work on this
Assignment to get it done
Talk to you later.

Me. *
ok bye may

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs J picked as up rather than have us walk home she took us Zac included grocery shopping. Zac and Caleb were going to the park later on so Zac caught a ride home with us. I hated shopping and would rather of stayed in the car but not having a way of asking or wanting to write a message I just got out. Even Caleb got out which surprised me I didn't think he would come in. We followed Mrs J up the ramp towards the Woolworths end of the shopping centre. Caleb and Zac were walking behind Mrs J while Alex and I trailed behind.

"Did you have a good day?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Where did you sit at lunch after my meeting I tried to find you." He pulled out a note book from his pocket. I looked at Caleb, Mrs J and Zac they were all busy so I took the note book and wrote on the oval under a tree.

"Make any friends?" I shook my head.

"We can sit together tomorrow if you like,still?" I nodded.

"Did you find all you classrooms fine?" Again I nodded.

"I heard about what happen in you maths class. Mr T has always been a bit slow to pick up on things."

15 minutes it took him and then another 6 to actually begin teaching

"Do you kids want to stop and have a drink and something to eat?" I tucked the note book in my pocket when Mrs J turned around. I though it was funny that Mrs J refered to Alex, Zac and Caleb as kids yet they towered over her.

"Yeah. I am starving," both Caleb and Alex said together.

Mrs J laughed,"when are you two not." She walked into a place called Zodiac coffee with us following her like ducklings. She found a four person seat and Zac grabbed another chair.

"What would you guys like?" Mrs J asked.

"Mum can I get an iced chocolate and a chicken avocado sandwich." Caleb said.

"Mrs J may I please have a iced coffee?" Zac asked.

"Any thing to eat Zachary?"

"I am alright thank you."

"Mum can I get a sausage role and a coffee milkshake."

Once again all eyes were on me. Caleb just looked pissed and turned away to stare at a girl wearing short shorts and a bra thingy. Every time I would be spoken to or mentioned so far Caleb would get pissed. Zac reached for a menu from a reserved table as Alex told his mum:
"She will have a large double shot latte." She looked to me for confirmation and I nodded.

"Anything else?" I shook my head.

Zac just stared at me for a while and I felt uncomfortable under his gaze. He looked at his friend who was still pissed and asked Alex how his soccer was going.