Chapter 3

"This is our new student Violet. Please everyone make her feel welcomed. Take a seat any where you want." I am so lucky she didn't make me introduce myself that would be an embarrassment I would probably have to face next class. The teacher was called Ms Gibbons and she teaches biology. The only seat left was in front of Caleb got to love my life. I can feel waves of hatred coming of him. Mrs J better be right.

Ms Gibbons began to talk about dissecting the rat that we apparently are doing tomorrow. I felt bad asking Alex to just forget our conversation it's not that I hate him. It is that anytime I have gotten close with anyone in my foster family the rejection always hurts more when they decide they don't want me. I was an average student not exceptional at anything really so I probably should have been listening better but my thoughts from this morning came back to me.
Didn't you love me?
Why didn't you stay?
No good...
Because of you...
You lying little ungrateful shit...
All you had to do was love me...
It is all your fault...
It should have been you...
Worthless ugly heartless bitch...

This girl three seats to my right just glared. How I love being hated for a reason I do not know. Then the class all got up and began moving around there was still 10 minutes left of class so I was highly confused.

"Hi, I am Zachary but you can call me Zac." He said holding out his hand. I looked at it confused but shook it anyway.

"So I guess we are dissecting buddies for the rest of the semester." We were about 4 week into the first term and the partners were only just be handed out now as we were beginning the pracs tomorrow. Zac had been sitting next to Caleb as I had walked in.
Now that my question of why in the world was everybody moving around was answered it clicked why the girl glared at me. She probably had a crush on him.

Zac continued to wait for a response to what I thought about being partners. I just shrugged. Zac was a bit puzzled.
"I won't bite... There is no need to be shy." He said trying to make me talk. Got to love being around people who don't know your a mute. It always made awkward moments. This is going to be fun working together when we can hardly communicate.

Caleb came up to Zac slapping him on the back. His partner was Miss I-hate-you-because-you-stole-my-partner-that-the-teacher-picked-out-yet-it-is-all-your-fault what a surprise. Zac was still waiting on a response.

"She doesn't speak..." Caleb informed Zac, "She's Williams and mums new charity thing that I told you about over the phone." Realisation spread over Zac's face and Caleb's partner cleared her throat clearly not want to be left out is their conversation. She hung off Zac as they continued to talk. The teacher picked all the guys with girls, God knows why. Another blonde girl came over and clung off Caleb. She began complaining about having a guy named George and why she always got stuck with the weird people.

When the bell rang everyone went to leave. Being me and preferring not to be squished I waited for everyone else.

"See you tomorrow partner." Zac called.

Next I had business. In C103.

"Are you lost," a guy with a student council badge and glasses asked me. I nodded

"Here show me your time table. Right this way, I am George by the way."

"And here it is. See you later."

The class had still not gone in yet because the teacher was late. I waved to George and gave him a smile. He seemed nice enough.

"Violet?" Alex came up to me with a smile.

"What a surprise. I didn't know you were taking business." I just shrugged. Wasn't Alex in the grade bellow me? George definitely showed me the right classroom, right? My teacher was Miss Bright and this was C103.

"Good morning everyone." Who I am guessing is the teacher greeted us while she unlocked the door.

Alex and I were the last in the class room and Alex introduced me to the teacher.

"Would you like to say something about yourself to the class?" The whole class looked up at me. Boy, this is embarrassing. Alex raised his hand.

"She doesn't speak," he informed. The class erupted in whispers. I silently thank Alex for ending my embarrassment. Sure there was whispers but I just remember the quote and it eased the tightening of my chest. After all I probably wouldn't stay here long and thanks to Caleb most of the grade would probably already know.

I took a seat next to Alex and Miss Bright began explaining we need to create a marketing pitch for next week selling one particular item.

I wrote in my note book:
Are you in grade 10?

Underneath it in blue he wrote:
Yeah, I am just taking this more advanced business class.
How was your last class?

Crap... We got paired up with our bio prac partners.
Talk about awkward.

That's going to be fun.
Are you in Caleb's bio class?

Yes. I swear he hates me

He doesn't hate you. He just has to warm
up to you. Who is your partner?

That's what your mum said...
Zachary don't know his last name.

Zac ? Is he friends with my brother?

I think so?

He is alright. Made any other friends ???( I don't count)

Nope. Can I sit with you at morning tea

I have soccer meeting and practise at lunch.
Maybe tomorrow?

Okay

We put our heads down and did a bit of work. Today is going forever and it is only period 2.
"You can work on this tonight it is due Monday." Miss Bright told us as the bell went.