Chapter 1: Full Moon

The brilliant KasleyCooper made this wonderful cover! ♡

**************

My name is Lily Andromeda Lupin. I am an Elemental, and an animagus. I have been home schooled by my father, Remus Lupin, my whole life. He taught me how to become an animagus, a white bengal tiger, so I can help him with his transformation.

Which is exactly what we're doing tonight. We can't afford the Wolfsbane potion every month. Therefore we run around and I keep him entertained in the Forest of Dean.
Can't wait for this night to be over already. I stayed up all last night trying to make the Wolfsbane potion for him. Evidently it didn't work. He's more subdued tonight than when he doesn't have it at all, so I guess that's a plus.

He's slowing down, it's about time dad. Once he collapsed, I watched over him until he transformed back. The second he did, I put his robe on him and transported us home in a purple puff of inaudible flames. Since I am home schooled I can perform magic as I please. One of the many perks of being home schooled. I put him in his bed and pulled the duvet up to his chin.

"Sweet dreams, daddy." I then gave him a swift kiss on the forehead, and went to get some sleep myself.

**The Next Afternoon**

"I'm sure I already know the answer, however it would be impolite to not ask," I turned and smirked at dad as he walked into the kitchen. "Want anything?" I asked as he sat at the table.

"Just tea, sweetheart, thanks."

"Wingardium Leviosa." I whispered as the tea tray floated towards him.

"You're welcome." I said as I sat across from him with my glass of ice cold milk and my plate of pancakes and eggs covered in syrup.

"Alright well, I'm off to study." I sent my dishes to the sink to clean themselves. Just as I was about to walk upstairs, there was a knock on the front door.

"I'll get it." I yelled to dad as I opened the door. "Oh! Hello Professor Dumbledore. Dad's in the kitchen." I told him as I walked him there.

"Hey dad. It's Professor Dumbledore. I'll see you guys later." I said with a wave as I walked back to the hallway and upstairs to work on potions.

"LILY!" Dad yelled as loud as he could. Is he excited...?

"Professor." I smiled politely. "Wotcher, Dad?" I asked, curious.

"Well sweetheart, Professor Dumbledore has come with a proposition for us." Dad smiled. A real, genuine smile! I haven't seen a real smile on his face towards anything or anyone except myself, EVER!

****************
Well there it is. My first fanfiction ever. Let me know what you think! Thanks!