Chapter 9: Happy Christmas To Me

**Christmas Morning**

"Happy Christmas, Lily!" Dad smiled.

"Happy Christmas, dad!"

We exchanged presents. I got Dad a new watch. It would tell you the date, time and the lunar cycle. Dad got me colorful quills and a way too expensive charm bracelet.

I sat in shock. "Th-th-thank you daddy. Bu-but I can't take this. You should save your money from work. Use it for the Wolfsbane potion." I stuttered trying to hand it back. He took it and clapsed it on my wrist.

"No. But that's not all. Why don't you go see who's at the door?" He said with a knowing smile.

"Ced! Oh my Merlin! Happy Christmas!" I screamed once the door was open and I threw myself into his arms.

"Happy Christmas, Lils." He said hugging me tight around my waist. The butterflies were threatening to take over again. "Why don't we go for a walk?"

I nodded with a smile. I ran upstairs and got changed into a black sweater dress, black and purple gloves, and a grape colored satin cloak with white fur trim.

"Beautiful. As always." Cedric said with a swift kiss to my cheek. He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside.

The snow was falling oh so delicately. Cedric pulled out his wand and cleared the thin layer of snow off of the log bench. We sat down and exchanged our gifts.

I got him a ring engraved on it was the word always. He looked back up at me slightly confused. I held my hand up to show a ring on my middle finger that said & forever. Realization dawned on him as he slipped the ring onto his middle finger.

I slowly opened the small box in front of me. It was a beautiful heart locket with angel wings wrapped around the heart frame. I ran my fingers over it as I stared in awe. I looked back up to him with tears in my eyes.

"It's beautiful Ced. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I felt we haven't spent enough time together this year. Not nearly as much as I'd hoped so....yea." He said as he clasped the thin chain around my neck.

"It's perfect!"

What happened next, I had been dreaming of. But I never actually thought it would've happened.

I. Kissed. Cedric. Diggory.

I KISSED CEDRIC DIGGORY! And dear Merlin! He kissed me back!

I pushed him off of me.

"I thought you were with Chang?" I said uncertainly.

"I broke it off last week. She wasn't the girl I was dreaming of." He kissed me again. I'm not sure how long we stayed like that, kissing with the snow lightly falling down on us. When I started to shiver, Cedric walked me back inside. I made us some hot chocolate, lit the fire using my powers, and we sat on the couch talking into the night.

And right there, on my couch with the roaring fire in front of us, is where I fell asleep in Cedric's arms. Tomorrow I'll have to write to Fred, George, Ginny and Hermione to let them know about my perfect Christmas Day.

***************

I am so utterly excited about this chapter! I just couldn't wait to post it! Hope you all love it just as much.

Fan. Vote. Comment.

FEEDBACK PLEASE!!

Love you all!