Chapter 2: An Unexpected Visitor

"Sweetheart, Professor Dumbledore has offered me a job as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts!" Dad exclaimed with an ear to ear grin.

I tackled him in a hug. "Oh my Merlin! Dad, that's great!"

"And for you, Lily Andromeda Lupin." Professor Dumbledore said.

My arms went slack and I turned to look at him, holding a letter out to me. My jaw dropped as I read the envelope, and ran my fingers over the Hogwarts school crest.

Miss Lily Lupin
The First Bedroom on the Right
Ottery St Catchpole
Devon, England

Carefully, I opened the envelope and pulled out the first letter.

Dear Miss Lupin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

The second letter would just be my school list, so I didn't bother looking at it at this moment. I looked up to Dad and Professor Dumbledore.

"Really? I get to go?" I whispered, still in shock. They both just nodded at me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed at them both as I hugged my dad tight.

"I have to go to Diagon Alley! There's only 3 weeks left until I get to go to HOGWARTS!" I ran upstairs.

Once in my room I got changed into a purple and black, gotic lolita style dress with a pair of ankle boots and my long black cloak. I put my coin purse, letter, and wand into my pocket.

Then I grabbed a piece of parchment and a quill. I quickly scribbled a note to meet me in Diagon Alley. Then gave my black owl, Athena, an owl treat and tied the letter to her foot.

"To Cedric. I'll leave the window open for you to come home." She affectionately nipped my finger and flew off. I watched her for only a moment.

I went back into the kitchen, Dumbledore is gone and Dad is upstairs. "Come on Daddy! Let's go!" I shouted up the stairs.

"Alright! I'm coming!" He shouted back as he walked down the stairs. I grabbed his hand, with a loud POP and the feeling of my navel being pulled, we apparated into Diagon Alley.

*************

Fan, vote, comment! Love you all!