Chapter Sixteen

I'm sorry I haven't updated guys. I know I was supposed to. There's just been some worrying stuff going on that made it really hard for me to write this chapter. I won't burden your minds with that.

Instead I'll burden your minds with the feels that you may potentially get whilst reading this.

And I know that I was going to write a few more chapters, but plans have changed. This is the last one. I really hope you enjoyed reading!! Keep a lookout for what I post this summer. It's not going to just be fanfics, but I hope you like them anyway.

Vomment and fan! And never forget I love you!!!

-BB

•••••••••••••••••••••

Chapter 16

Coughing.

Just coughing. That's all That was to be heard around 221b nowadays.

I had been hanging between life and death for weeks now.

I couldn't do anything anymore. I had grown too weak. Even my brain processed things more slowly.

I was wearing away slowly.

And I knew it.

I had this one little feeling in the back of my deteriorating mind.

A feeling that I wouldn't last until tomorrow.

"Sherlock, do you want some water?" John asked, looking at me sadly. I finished coughing before I answered him.

"No, water doesn't help anymore," I sighed.

John's face became even more grave. "Sherlock...I think it's time to go to the hospital."

"No. I want to die at home," I argued.

"You want me to watch you as you take your last breath?" John's voice quavered.

"Well, would you not be there if I were in the hospital?" I asked.

John nodded. "I suppose you're right."

I studied the look on his face. He was just waiting for this to happen as much as I was.

"Come here," I said, holding my arms open and trying to console him.

John reluctantly stepped towards me.

"This hurts Sherlock," he said as he plopped down next to me on the couch.

"I know, I'm sorry," I said.

"We didn't even sleep in a haunted house."

Yes. The bucket list had gone incomplete in that one aspect.

"But this is pretty old, seventy-one for me, seventy-six for you...I'd say this counts as growing old together," I said quietly.

"Not old enough," he whispered as he snuggled into me.

"Well, in a few years, we'll have eternity together," I reminded him.

"Right. I know. That's the only reason I'm able to stay strong. I have that day to look forward to," John said.

"You shouldn't look forward to your death."

"What else do I have without you?"

I blinked back the tears that I found stinging my eyes. "You have Hamish and Piper."

"Well, yes, of course. And I do love them very much, but I'll never love anyone the way I love you, Sherlock," John explained.

I kissed the top of his head in response and laid back onto the sofa.