Chapter 10

"JORDAN WAKE UP ITS 7:50 AM!" I bolt right up. Eyes stinging, I look over to Aaron with squinting eyes. Huh?
"Don't just sit there, move! We're late! Mrs Bonfield is gonna detain us til we grow old and die! Get. Up!" the urge and force in his voice made realisation hit me like a truck. I jumped out of bed, not caring that I look like a mess with jungle book worthy of bedhead infront of Aaron Mathews.

Screw breakfast. Screw shower. Screw foundation. Screw winged eye liner. Screw cute outfit.

Recap:
I brushed my teeth in a span of 1 minute, threw on the first sweatshirt I could find, which happens to be a Marvel one, threw on some black skinny jeans, put my hair in a ponytail, put some eye liner pencil on my lower lash line (that's always a must for me), pink tinted chapstick and last but not least put on white high tops converse.

I don't know what Aaron was doing during this time to get ready but I guess he would just have to wear the same clothes he was wearing yesterday.
And even in that not-so-fresh state he looked like some sort of Prince Charming.

"You're gonna have to drive us there because I don't have my bike" I wonder what happened to his bike. "Don't ask." Ugh okay.

We jump into my car and I don't think I've ever been so scared of being late to school. I don't think I'm ready to face Mrs Bonfield's wrath. That lady is a psychopath when it comes to lateness. I swear she would blow you off if you're late by any chance, and nobody til this day has figured out why.

It was 7:58 by the time we were zooming past everything and heading towards school. I never could've ever thought I'd be ready in like what? Approximately 6 minutes?

7:59 am.
"Jordan! Stop driving like a grandma! 6 minutes until the gates close" Aaron hissed from the passenger seat. "I'm already driving above speed limit!"
"Yea, by ONE!" ugh this boy.

The gates were closing by the time I was looking for a parking. "Aaron! Get off and stop the gates from closing, I'll just be there after I find a parking spot." I stop my car abruptly and let him get out. He sprinted across the field and parkings as I hurriedly looked for a parking.

Finally after I found one I run to the gates and see Aaron arguing with Mrs Bonfield. Gah.

"But you don't understand! We're not late she's just looking for a parking!"
"I'm here" I announce, panting furiously. Yeah I'm so fit.
"First and last time Mathews" she says to the both of us.

After we got in, I ask Aaron what he has first period. He said he has Home Ec. and i have the same thing.

"We forgot to take late passes!" I exclaim loudly. Aaron face palmed himself. "Fuck", he looks at me, "guess we're getting detention after all." I let out a groan.

"Ms Mathews, Mr Mathews, you're late" Mr Chirpman says in a bored tone, like he could care less about late comers. "No shit Sherlock" I hear Aaron mutter under his breath. The entire class erupts into laughter. "Did you say something Mr Mathews?" the teacher raises his eyebrows. "Oh no Mr Chirpman, I was just talking to myself about how I'm sincerely upset about coming late to class. My sincere apologies oh how could you ever forgive me! I missed such an important lecture about all the shit that you teach us, please don't fail me." By the time Aaron finished his little act, the entire class is gawking at him, me included. Mr Chirpman just seems horrified at it. Someone's in a bad mood..

"Mr Chirpman, please excuse my friend here, he's had an extremely rough morning and I sincerely apologise on his behalf." Guys in trying to save Aaron here!

"Ms Mathews, I did not like you 'friend's' attitude here and so I guess you'll be joining him for detention?" He raises an eyebrow.
"But what's my fault here?!" I screech, hurting my own ears. "Well you are late, aren't you?"

"Mr Mathews, Ms Mathews, detention" he says as he handed both of us a detention slip.
There goes my 20 minute of nothing.

But hey it's still better than Ms Bonfield's wrath.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

"What got your panties in a knot in there?" I ask Aaron as we get out of Home Ec. He just shrugs in response. "Cus yea that answers my question" I mutter to myself.

For next period I have Algebra - my worst enemy. And I don't know what Aaron has, didn't bother asking, and I just went straight to my locker to grab my books and head towards my Algebra class. But midway to class I met one of my friends, Susane. Susane is a really pretty and shy girl. We have Science and Algebra together, and that's about it. She had her originally brown hair dyed to dirty blonde during the beginning of freshman year, never wore makeup, always wore simple clothes and this one bracelet on her left hand wrist. I met her through Algebra class during freshman year, we talk sometimes.

"Hey Jordan" she greets me with a smile. "Hey, how you been?" I mirror her smile and greet back. "So rumours say you and Aaron, huh?" My smile dropped as I stare at her with wide eyes. "No no nooo" I shake my head violently, "it's nothing like that." I didn't even know there were rumours about us?

"Yeah yeah okay sure uh huh I believe you sure I do okay mm."
I narrow my eyes at her, and let out a sigh after I'm done staring. "Let's just get going, I really don't wanna be late to another class."

The rest of the day went by real, reeaall quick. During lunch Aaron and I sat with all our friends, with all the other eyes in the cafeteria on our lunch table. Why can't people just mind their own business and keep their eyes to themselves?

I quickly get out through the main exit of the school so that I can go home fast and do what's most important right now. I need to take a nap.

"What's the hurry, Cupcake?" Aaron. Obviously.
"Ugh don't call me that" I furrow my eyebrows. "And I'm in a hurry because I wanna go home and take a nap" I reply, letting my arms flail up.

"Okay babe I'll be over in 20," he winked. "Excuse you but no you're not. I said 'I want to take a nap' not 'oh hey Aaron do you want to come over?' if that's what you heard."

"Okay okay I'll be there! You don't have to say it again" he smirked.
I groan out loud as I hop into my car and start driving towards my house. I guess Aaron's coming over in 20 minutes. hurray. Do you feel my excitement? *note the sarcasm*