Chapter 18

"Good morning, zombies", Matt chirps.
"You're late" Aaron stated. "We all were supposed to be here by 10, it's 10:15."
"At least I'm being cheery this morning unlike you zombies," Matt rolled his eyes.

"Breakfast. Please" I urge. I am so, so hungry. "I can eat a whole man right now."
"Of course you can" Nate mumbles. I give him a glare as the rest of the group laughs.

After breakfast, we get into our cars and start the trip. The time is now 11:30 am. "How much longer til we enter New York?" I ask. "Two to three hours?" Aaron guesses. I nod.

We start our usual car activities. And by that I mean singing at the top of our lungs and dancing in place and falling into fits of laughter every now and then. I love being in the car with my friends.

In about an hour, I find myself dozing off to sleep.

~*~

I'm awaken by a honk. I groggily sit up straight and take in my surroundings. Nate is now driving and Aaron is now at the backseat sleeping peacefully as Aliyah is texting someone on her phone. I look at the time, 2 pm. "We'll reach New York in about 30 minutes" Nate speaks up. I nod.

And he was right. After about 30 minutes, I see the New York skyline. I see Aaron stir a bit and then wake up slowly. He rubs his eyes, "We're here?" he asks. "Yes! Finally." I've always wanted to come to New York! And to have this dream fulfilled with all my best friends by my side..is just amazing.

I can't wait til we get out of the car and actually explore the streets of New York.

"Where are we staying?" Aliyah asks. "My dad's hotel" Aaron says. I gawk at him, "You're dad owns a hotel in New York City?" He nodded reluctantly. I mean I knew he was rich and stuff, but having a hotel in freakin NYC is so cool.

I look at the skyline once again. Beautiful.

You know something about me? I rarely use the word beautiful. I just feel like the word 'beautiful' contains the beauty of everything we love, and so, we call it beautiful. That word is a big word to me, and I don't just go throwing it around. To compliment a girl, I call her pretty. To compliment an art, I call it artful.

My point is, when I say something is beautiful, it has touched my heart and soul. Therefore, I'm calling it beautiful.

Now when I'm looking at the New York City skyline, the word beautiful keeps flashing in my mind. New York is a beautiful city. I barely entered it, and I'm in love with this city.

"The skyline is so beautiful," I whisper to myself. But my friends heard too, "Indeed" I hear Aliyah say.

I watch the streets of New York as we pass by it in the car. I look at the busy streets, the busy sidewalks, the people, the stores, the buildings, my surroundings. Still in awe, I shake my head. "What, Jordan?" Aaron asks. I shake my head once again, "someday, I want to live here."

~*~

Our car is now pulling up to a motel. No, not hotel. Motel. "Oh my god!" I screech. "This is so cool!" Oh my freeeakk I can't believe I'm experiencing this!

"Geez woman" Aaron muttered.

"Wait, weren't we gonna stay at your dad's hotel?" I ask Aaron. "Yeah but we decided we want to experience 'road trip' the proper way. So a motel sounded better."

"Are you kidding me? It's the best! This is my first time experiencing this! Ah!"
He chuckles, "yes your welcome to the all of us."

I nod reluctantly and clap my hands together. That's when I see the two other cars drive in. Everyone gets out of the car as they parked and we stand in a big circle. "Let's get going" Amanda says as everyone nodded. We head inside and oh the joy of being in a motel. It just felt so amazing.

By this time, it's 5 pm and we all decide to rest for a while before heading outside to explore New York.

I lay down on my bed, earphones plugged in, and doze off to a deserving sleep.

~*~

"Wakey wakey" I hear a group of people shout in unison. I furrow my brows in my sleep. Can't people just let me sleep?

"Hey bring the bucket of water," I hear someone say. My eyes snap open and I find everyone in the group surrounding my bed. I sit up, rubbing my eyes. "What do you guys want?" I ask annoyed as they were all laughing. "It's 7 pm, sweetheart. Get ready we're going out" Aaron says. I plop back on the bed, "5 more minutes," I mutter as I put a pillow on my face to block out the light. "About that bucket of water....." a voice that I recognize as Nate spoke up. I sit back up and smack him upside the head. "Fine give me 15 minutes, I'll get ready." He clapped his hands together and started getting out of my room, as did everyone else.

Within 10 minutes, I was able to pick out an outfit which is a crochet material half sleeve top, with blue jeans and a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt around my waist for when it gets colder during night since it's already evening. For shoes I put on my white converse. I was also able to get done with my makeup which isn't very much. Pencil eye liner on my lower lash line, and baby lips. Yeah, I don't really like to put on makeup. The fact that I suck at it also adds up.
For the remaining 5 minutes, I worked on my hair. I brushed it out and did some natural waves and left it down.

Within 15 minutes I was done and ready to head out. I go down to where everyone is waiting for me and see them all conversed in conversation, laughing and joking. As soon as they see me, they start getting up to finally head out.

I give them a smile and ask,  "So where are we going first?"

A/N: I actually live in New York, if you didn't know. And indeed, New York is a beautiful city. I love it here.